Advertise here

New here, hello everyone!

BennyB

New also to the whole 4x4 and desert riding - this seems to be a great place to find info on UAE specific stuff! I have a background of motorcycle adventure riding and camping in Europe and looking forward to see what UAE and Oman has to offer. Looking into getting my first offroad capable car that should also double as a daily driver(no long distance mileage commute), i'm mainly looking at an older Pajero LWB 3.8 or a Nissan XTerra right now - for the offroad part i'm more inclined in exploring mountain roads and wadis but i never tasted the desert driving  (except for some crazy dune riding with a tour company few years ago) so i would like to have that option available.  My main focus is on enjoying quiet places and taking photos, i will add some from my camping trips back home.

One question i have is posting into the Advice forum seems to be unavailable, is that restricted for new members?

Some camping trip photos from back home:

027A0371.jpg

027A0226.jpg

IMG_0791.JPG

027A4260.jpg

027A4780 (1).jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Welcome Ben,

Less used/abused Xterra would be better in the long run.

If you can't find a clean one, then Pajero 3.8 would do good with a little extra love and care. Rem to exclude 2009 - 2012 models Pajero that have gear upshifting (known issue). @Frederic correct the year range, if I am wrong, please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome Ben! There seems to be a large mass of us joining carnity now 😂

a pajero or an Xterra are both excellent choices to have out here in the Middle East for off-roading! Just always be careful when buying cars out here especially 4x4’s my recommendation is always check the chassis number and cross check everything the dealer is telling you. Also Sharjah is notorious for rebuild titles. This doesn’t mean you should avoid buying from the dealers down there just be extra careful! 

awesome pics btw. 

• Like (+1) 2