Advertise here

Next Gen Ford Ranger Raptor 2024

Hi guys,

Does anyone in the club own this or has experience with it ? Been going through some review videos and at first glance it seems to be the “Silver Bullet” vehicle, having everything and anything you would want in a combo daily driver/offroader with 0 need for customizations and the refinement of a sophisticated on-road vehicle. 

Any owners or experts out there that can share their 2 cents on this please?

Edited by Mike M.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Oh man.. you are not ditching the white 🦏?!

No not yet…. Exploring for now …..I feel like having a new project after building the White Rhino… thinking a pick up truck has more options to build as well. Let’s see whether logic wins or urges win since the car is still under warranty and it is one of the most premium and most pampered Pajeros out there :) 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey mate. 

Just recently changed from pajero to ranger raptor. It's definately ready to go out of the box. Rated very good on the @Gauravscale of power to weight for desert play. Great clearance. Suspension is unbelievable when off road (and on)

My only issues at the moment are trying to find most comfortable driving mode in sand. I find that the baja mode holds the throttle a bit longer than you would expect when you take the foot off (to keep the turbos spooled).... Might just take more getting used to. Rear end can feel a little loose as there is very little weight over the rear wheels. So I've noticed a bit of changes to my driving style.

Using Baja suspension mode, 4H, sand mode with full time rear diff lock enaganed,  ESC turned off seems to be the sweet spot for me.

'Off-road cruise' set to 2kph with front and rear diff lock engaged will automatically crawl you out of any refusals allowing you to focusing on just getting wheel angles right and turning left right to clear sand. Let the truck handle the blip blip. Spent a weekend just making stucks to play recovery and was greatly impressed.

Only upgrades required is a thicker bash plate to cover the engine and trans as the factory one is like 2.5mm aluminium.

Price point to power and features I think U get a very compelling package compared to the offerings in other truck brands and the jeeps.

let me know if you want more info or anything cheers mate.

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Luke K P for taking the time. As you said, price point to power and features it seems to be the vehicle that has the answers to most, if not all needs. I will go check it out soon in the agency but I think the raptor is 265 k aed right ?

For me , I have been eyeing the new Tacoma as I think the 2024 has next-level features while having the wrangler 392 in my wishlist for the raw power and torque. Then I see the Ranger Raptor by accident (didn’t  know about its features and capabilities) which for me is both cars in my list, combined! (Minus the impact dampening seats from the Tacoma and a few bhp and torque from the 392 ) but seems to be more refined for a daily driver, at a much lower price point, with the ability to customize the bed to personal preferences and taste.

Check out “Ute master” lid load in case you didn’t buy a bed rack or tonneau cover yet. They’re offering something really unique and practical, compared to anything in the global market, but I’m not sure if they ship to the UAE. 

Thanks again! 

Edited by Mike M.

price is about right. of course can negotiate on price and insurance etc to get a better deal.

The 392 and F-150 raptor R move into much higher price brackets very quickly, with the added extra power. However at the weight/price of rubicon / ram / tacoma i think the stats tend to lean in favour of the ranger (rubicon of course kills it in angle of approach but i think ranger is good enough for the dune bashing vs rock crawling needs here)

Nice that its also the same model (Thailand built) that has been extensively desert proven in last 2 years in Aus and South Africa. Its now a known quantity in the desert with the quirks well known. ( not having full under body armour... if u look at my insta you can see the full body plates remedy for this ). Lots of aftermarket build parts from offroad shops in au/za/th and a few garages here have worked on quite a few of the uae delivered models now to know what needs to be done.

prewired aux switches with cable butts in rear under the tray and engine bay makes installing compressors / lights simple enough to do at home.

fyi comes standard here with nice electric rolling tonneau cover.. which def does the job for me.  apart from bash plate some some pretty lights im staying stock this time around :-D

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Luke K P said:

ESC turned off

hi Luke, for the ESC did you have to put a killer switch or thru thr factory setting? I found simply pressing ESC long wouldn't kill all the computer intervention, during side sloping it was very obvious, not even completely killed in 4L

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cha said:

hi Luke, for the ESC did you have to put a killer switch or thru thr factory setting? I found simply pressing ESC long wouldn't kill all the computer intervention, during side sloping it was very obvious, not even completely killed in 4L

i believe from looking at the other comments in the forums the 10 second long press will fully kill the ESC if you are in sand mode with rear locker on.

In BAJA mode the 'active rollover prevention' mode will stay on even with ESC long press and mess with the brakes if it thinks you are over a certain angle. Can be prevented with by removing the ABS relay or aftermarket kill switch...

in any case i have not noticed it kicking in unless im in baja mode or forgot to switch from 'normal'.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Luke K P said:

i believe from looking at the other comments in the forums the 10 second long press will fully kill the ESC if you are in sand mode with rear locker on.

In BAJA mode the 'active rollover prevention' mode will stay on even with ESC long press and mess with the brakes if it thinks you are over a certain angle. Can be prevented with by removing the ABS relay or aftermarket kill switch...

in any case i have not noticed it kicking in unless im in baja mode or forgot to switch from 'normal'.

I see, I think it must be the rear locker that disabled the computer intervention. I always remove the rear locker immediately after switching to sand mode. Thanks man!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1