Advertise here

Next Gen Ford Ranger Raptor 2024

1 minute ago, Cha said:

I see, I think it must be the rear locker that disabled the computer intervention. I always remove the rear locker immediately after switching to sand mode. Thanks man!

its one of those great mysteries that could be easily solved by a extra page in the user guide :-D

@Luke K P I got a chance to see a 2km cruise mimicking our blip blip skill in Ranger Raptor, today. It's a pretty impressive feature for self-recovery without stressing to dig more.

Although I am not sure why Ford decided to engage the rear diff-lock in 4H, by default. Is that kind of LSD, which activates under low speed only and becomes open diff at higher speed like in old Chevys?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Luke K P I got a chance to see a 2km cruise mimicking our blip blip skill in Ranger Raptor, today. It's a pretty impressive feature for self-recovery without stressing to dig more.

Although I am not sure why Ford decided to engage the rear diff-lock in 4H, by default. Is that kind of LSD, which activates under low speed only and becomes open diff at higher speed like in old Chevys?

Nice helper feature @Gaurav., but nothing beats just practising doing it manually 😅👍

Some offroad modes don't lock the rear diff in 4H. Sand mode does. But then rear diff can be configured 3 ways in offroad mode in 4H, 

Locked at all speeds.

Locked at < 40, then automatically unlock above 40kph, relock when speed drops.

Unlocked at all speeds.

And then save that as the new default for your custom off road mode.

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Luke,

After my jeep drowned 🥲 I'm looking for a replacement and the new ranger raptor is a very attractive option.

Is there a way we could contact directly to tap into your experience?

Best,

Andrei

Hi Andrei, 

Sorry to hear that. I would suggest once you do your research and tap into @Luke K P's experience, book a test drive to get a real feel of the car as this is only thing that will either keep you going in the same direction or look for something else.

I personally think that there is no vehicle like it in today's market. it is a Jeep 392 and a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, combined in one truck (Coincidentally the only two vehicles In my wishlist). Best of luck!

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

27 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Luke,

After my jeep drowned 🥲 I'm looking for a replacement and the new ranger raptor is a very attractive option.

Is there a way we could contact directly to tap into your experience?

Best,

Andrei

Bro nooooo... Jeep didn't make it??

Can hit me up on instagram to get my phone number if U wanna ask any specific questions etc.

Def go take it for a test drive and see what you think. It's certainly much longer than the Jeep so the feel might not be what you're after. It's a boat.... But it's a jet-boat 😎

Best luck with the car hunt 🙏