Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Full tank/5 Hrs LMQ ( Lisali/Murquab/Qudra) - Dubai - 04 May 2024

DP1011

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Drive Plan :

As the drive says : This drive is to cover as much possible of LMQ, 5 hours or full tank - which ever is sooner ! 

Starting from Murquab, playing along the virgin dunes, we will head towards some long range dunes of Lisaili and then quickly entering some technical patches towards Chimney and aiming to hopefully planned exit at Qudra. 

Please note: This is a mixture of everything Exploration, Medium pace, Slow pace technical, and also testing patience levels. Considering the temperature levels these days, we will start with the first light hence drive will commence at 6 am sharp keeping cut off at 11 am as the Finish time. Please reconsider if you plan to get any passengers. Carry some snacks to keep ourselves fueled up!! At the start of the drive, there will be a surprise check of Mandatory gears and Fuel tank levels!😅!

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 04 May 2024, Saturday
Meeting time: 6 AM
Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/khH7pHF3DipEsapN9
Approximate finish time: 11 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

@jinoy  it’s a Fewbies and above drive my friend, and you would be driving in Newbie drives now. I am removing you from this one. Suggest join one which is Newbie - there’s one scheduled at Al Fayah on Sunday add yourself to waitlist.

4 hours ago, jinoy said:

hi,

i need dubai or sharjah as iam based here.

do we have any.

Dear @jinoy- The drives are posted based on Marshal's availabilities and unfortunately this weekend there are none in Dubai/ Sharjah, as some of the marshal,s are travelling and not in Town. So watch out for the space when the drives are posted on Monday 11am and links to RSVP shared at 18.50 monday, active for RSVP by sharp 19.00. 

Based on my experience, if you still can drive Abu dhabi, get urself to RSVP and it would be great experience if you get confirmed to that drive on Sunday. 

Dear team LMQ !  , @Zak_ @Wilfredo Perez @Prithvi Raj  @lucas amat @Nizar Shawwa @Jad Moussalli @Faraz94 @Haneef Thayyil @Mahesh_

Thank you for showing your interest on tomorrow's drive ! I, @Islam Soliman and @Benjamin are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow !

Some points  for tomorrow's drive ! 

- Be on time ! 6am ! Please dont be late - The briefing will be held inside the desert and not at meeting point - so if you are late , you will just end up with a short drive from home to meeting point and back home ! 

- Meeting point :  https://goo.gl/maps/khH7pHF3DipEsapN9  - from this, just get inside the entry road. Please note the meeting point is just on the highway, so slow down as you approach about 500mts of meeting, once arrived take left. 

- Get your gas tanks full !!  There is Emarat and EPCO station Just about 12kms before meeting point while coming from Sharjah/Dubai😂 and EPCO on other side if coming from Abu Dhabi. 

- Please make sure your radios are fully charged ! and you dont forget the mandatory off-road gears ! 

- Please do carry sufficient water - Its getting hot and highly important that we keep ourselves hydrated. also do carry light snacks for yourselves ( for others also is not prohibited ;) ) 

- And also fill up your patience tanks fully ;) - It will be a drive of patience and resilience too - considering the recent heavy rains, hence mixture of exploration + technical and lot of vegetation too - which of course we will try to avoid :)

Passengers are highly not recommended for this please , UNLESS the are used to long duration drives.  

Convoy order will be published in couple of hours ! 

See you all tomorrow ! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Faraz94 said:

Hi @DP1011, will appreciate the google pin of the Fuel Station you’re talking about. I see one Emarat but that’s not *just before* the meeting point 😆

Update to say just 12 kms before the meeting point. 

The exact pin is https://maps.app.goo.gl/Guv8PuLhnSisU7zF6?g_st=ic

😅.

• Like (+1) 1

@Zak_ @Wilfredo Perez @Prithvi Raj  @lucas amat @Nizar Shawwa @Jad Moussalli @Faraz94 @Haneef Thayyil @Mahesh_ + @Benjamin + @Islam Soliman  - Please note the convoy order as below :)

See you 6am or earlier . 

We will use Channel 2 : 446.031

image.png

• Like (+1) 4

Hi everyone, unfortunately I am going to have to drop out of this drive.

After a long session today, I noticed one clip on the air box was not back clipped on after the regular service that was done yesterday. It seems that a lot of sand might have been sucked into the engine as I can see sand above the filter, as well as in pipe leading to engine.

I will be taking back to service centre first thing tomorrow to asses.

have a great drive, see you on the next one 🙏

Edited by Zak_
  • Sad (0) 2

@DP1011 I just realized my radio is not working after charging :( can I please ask a spare from anyone just for tomorrow otherwise I must quit from the drive :( that will be so horrible.  

Important Information

Terms of use