Advertise here

Best way to fix a flag on flag pole

I installed my flag with a couple of cable ties. There is movement of the flag itself but the flag pole I have has a stopper that keeps the flag from sliding down the pole. The stopper itself is just a piece of rubber (i think or plastic) that is held in place with another cable tie - should be possible to make something like this with the right size rubber gasket and a small cable tie or electrical tape.

Below image from the internet of the kind of stopper I'm talking about. The stopper also moves but needs a bit of force to move it as the rubber doesn't slide too easily on the metal. 

image.png.3836153e63f4396191365fb13c390476.png

• Thanks (+1) 1

I changed my flag 2 weeks ago. I found rubber stoppers (designed for garden flags). one above, and one below, it works fine.

I can give you 2 in a next drive or if you pass by Downtown/ Business Bay. DM 0588620942

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Julien Recan, your cheapest and best option is to zip tie it. You can use 3 zip ties in a row to make it rotating. I am sure you will figure it out once you put the first zip tie by what I mean that you need 3 connected to each other. 

A more fancy way of doing it which customized flags use are Rubber lined P clips. Offroading Flag poles usually need the 3/8" size. Here is one example of what I mean:

https://www.amazon.ae/HSEAMALL-Stainless-Steel-Rubber-Clamps/dp/B07RVJYTQY?th=1

In general, the fastest, efficient and economical way is to just zip tie it. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Mike M.
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks @Mike M. exactly what I was looking for. 

3 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

I changed my flag 2 weeks ago. I found rubber stoppers (designed for garden flags). one above, and one below, it works fine.

I can give you 2 in a next drive or if you pass by Downtown/ Business Bay. DM 0588620942

Thanks @JeromeFJ. I assume these are similar to @Mike M.’s ?

On 6/18/2024 at 7:19 AM, Luke K P said:

Just zip tie it 

Wouldn’t simple plastic one  slip down the pole over time ?

On 6/18/2024 at 3:48 AM, RiadJL said:

I installed my flag with a couple of cable ties. There is movement of the flag itself but the flag pole I have has a stopper that keeps the flag from sliding down the pole. The stopper itself is just a piece of rubber (i think or plastic) that is held in place with another cable tie - should be possible to make something like this with the right size rubber gasket and a small cable tie or electrical tape.

Below image from the internet of the kind of stopper I'm talking about. The stopper also moves but needs a bit of force to move it as the rubber doesn't slide too easily on the metal. 

image.png.3836153e63f4396191365fb13c390476.png

I think @JeromeFJ and @Mike M. rubber clips are the out of the box solution ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

ive used two zip ties at top, two zip ties at bottom, pulled them tight. hasnt slipped on me yet, and i have a pretty big flag

Edited by Luke K P
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Very similar indeed

image.png.9e22445b3fe26d53cb962216a45cff4f.png

Mine (10 PCS Garden Flag Rubber Stoppers) have a nice flower shape 😅

@JeromeFJ you can always say that you were going after the design of the “fleur-de-lis” to make it more French and that was the closest design they had 🤓. Hope you have been keeping well!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Julien Recan said:

Thanks @Mike M. exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks @JeromeFJ. I assume these are similar to @Mike M.’s ?

Wouldn’t simple plastic one  slip down the pole over time ?

I think @JeromeFJ and @Mike M. rubber clips are the out of the box solution ;)

@Julien Recan a fastened zip tie will not slide down. I would recommend for you to go after the zip tie solution, also recommended by @Luke K P as it will do the job for sure. It all depends on ur preference of course.