Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Hayer to Al Ajban - Abu Dhabi - 22 June 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

The intent of the drive is to cross from Al Hayer to Al Ajban, from the E66 to the E16. We will follow the direction of the dune alignments, from East to West, passing from one line to the other to find nice tracks. Expect a bit of exploration, and allow for some rerouting as we might have to bypass a few fenced areas.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  22 June 2024, Saturday

Meeting time:   06:00 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fxdxk5HwrCU6p4yKA

Approximate finish time:  10:00 am

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Emanuel @Matt - monkeywrench @Hani crest king @Adam Black @Cesar Chacon @Zubair @RiadJL @Batuhan Kulac @Islam Soliman thank you for signing up for the drive tomorrow morning.

Please ensure your car is ready for a long cruise in the heat. Make sure you remove any unnecessary item from the back seats and trunk area, and that your off road gears are securely strapped.

I will issue the convoy order by the end of the afternoon, let me know before that if your plans have changed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desert Drivers

@Emanuel @Matt - monkeywrench @Hani crest king @Adam Black @Cesar Chacon @Zubair @Cristian @RiadJL @Batuhan Kulac @Islam Soliman, last updates for tomorrow

Meeting at 06:00 am at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fxdxk5HwrCU6p4yKA

The convoy order will be

image.png.2f0d60a8e4e53695e0ba44dcefe8328c.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 5.

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers

@Emanuel @Matt - monkeywrench @Hani crest king @Adam Black @Cesar Chacon @Zubair @Cristian @RiadJL @Batuhan Kulac @Islam Soliman, last updates for tomorrow

Meeting at 06:00 am at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/Fxdxk5HwrCU6p4yKA

The convoy order will be

image.png.2f0d60a8e4e53695e0ba44dcefe8328c.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 5.

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning !

Sorry from the last minute cancellation, not possible for me tomorrow 

@JeromeFJ and the rest of the convoy. I apologise for not showing up this morning and not informing. I did not notice my phone was out of charge the evening before and so the alarm did not go off this morning... I hope the area was fun :) 

Thanks @JeromeFJ & @Islam Soliman for the drive this morning. Good to see you again!

Too bad we weren't able to make it to the final destination you had in mind Jerome - can try again in another drive :)

The bushes and soft sand made for some slow going and led to a pop out and a couple of minor stucks and refusals. Overall the convoy did quite well 

Good to see everyone and will see you on the sand again soon  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you all for joining the drive this morning. Yes indeed, I did not expect so many bushes in the area, and obviously, it had an impact on our progression. Still we had a nice exploration of this portion of desert that is rarely crossed during our drives. A way to see also that this desert is very much occupied, with camel farms, fences, tracks, gas pipelines, abandoned power lines, we even crossed into a luxury camping resort under construction. 

From a driving point of view, we had our challenges, with the soft sand everywhere, the slip faces to cross (congrats @Adam Black with the long truck), and these portions where we had to climb from the side with sufficient momentum to avoid getting dragged down into a steep pocket. @Matt - monkeywrench had a pop-out in one of these, showing that it was not easy to control. We also had a few long ridges where we could practice keeping the balance of the car.

Well done @Matt - monkeywrench and @Adam Black for your first Fewbie drive, thank you @Emanuel for the second lead, and @Islam Soliman for sweeping and supporting. @Cesar Chacon @Zubair @Cristian @RiadJL, very well driven, it was a pleasure to have you.

And yes, we will put this drive back on the agenda in winter, to see if we can reach further. You will all be FB+ or above by then !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive @JeromeFJ, and thanks to @Emanuel and @Islam Soliman for help with the pop out! I had to keep under 80kph due to the amount of sand in the tire giving me some wobbles! Here are some pictures of when it was opened in the tire shop.

Thanks again 👍

20240622_155607.jpg

20240622_155604.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Matt - monkeywrench said:

Great drive @JeromeFJ, and thanks to @Emanuel and @Islam Soliman for help with the pop out! I had to keep under 80kph due to the amount of sand in the tire giving me some wobbles! Here are some pictures of when it was opened in the tire shop.

Thanks again 👍

20240622_155607.jpg

20240622_155604.jpg

We've all been there. All part of the journey. I once had my rims covered in mud that we drive through. Same effect until I cleaned them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use