•  
Advertise here

Honda CRV - 2010 - Steering Vibration at 100km +

hi All

Hope you guys are doing Good,

i have minor problem with my Car, While driving my CRV at a speed over 100km , steering wheel vibrates. i used the car in the same condition for 10000 km, and then replaced all the 4 tyres. even now i feel the vibration at 100 km +, i fitted the car with Toyo Opencountry H/T of the same spec of the original tyre(225/60 R17 102H). currently the car have clocked 80000 km (In 2 years :) ).

I have got the whees balanced again from the same shop where i bought the tyres, they rebalanced the rear tyre and the vibration seemd to be less. but stll exists.

I happen to check the drive shaft of the front wheel, there is a small shake of the right drive shaft when compared to the left one. can this be the cause of the vibration ? The vibration is continues, even when i take the foot off the gas paddel.

No vibration while breaking :: steady breaking , no pulling of the lane,

Expert advice required.!!

Thanks,

Nawaf

This vibration could be due to wheel balance only. If you got wheel balance done already then next you can get the wheel balance done with body balance, in which mechanic will balance wheel without removing it which consider the exact wheel weight on each side. Call and check mechanic who do this type of balancing, i know one place in deira but its closed after recession :-(. Good luck bro.

it can be due to few more reasons.. one could be a broken Tyre steel belts due to knock on payments etc.. it also could be due to the tire rod worn out. i f you have changed the wheel size and the hub centric ring requirement too can cause this vibration. i guess probably the tire rods can be too loose so the vibration in your case.