Advertise here

Friday Early Morning Drive

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guarav, bring the RR we will get you thourgh, i will drive to the ability of the drivers and cars, if we keep getting stuck then we find alternative routes etc. the idea is for everyone to have fun safely.

no side sloping unless absulutly required to get through the desert, you will be doing lots of cresting (straight up the dunes to the ridge and down the other side) they maybe a little bot of getting stuck on the ridge till people get used to it but it is the safest way through a desert.

Looks like im in safe hand. :-) See you all in the morning.

Gas are you Ghasan??? Dreamland aqua park.......!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

We made it for the first time LR only Desert Drive . Everything went as per schedule , we have been total of 6 cars, 2 Discos I, 2 Defenders, 1 RR Classic and 1 Brand New LR4 . Meeting point was Emarat Petrol station on Kalba Road , all participants had showed up on time and full of morning energy . Richard (Doc) had his two lovely boys sleeping in the back seat yet ready for action . VCO's car couldn't make it still sick at garage , yet he joined us as passenger in Doc's car . Head to deflation point , exit of 3 interchange on time at 7:00 am deflated , checked all radios and a short brief from Marshal leader Doc , agreed upon an easy track yet with some technicalities to test cars and drivers capabilities as first drive together. First destination was Fossil Rock , everyone made it with a bit of resistance due to very soft patch of sand . We bypassed Fossil Rock pass and continued towards Camel Rock and reached by 8:30 and decided to continue to Big Red. Few Km from Big Red , DOC's Coolent hose had a fissure due to rubbing against fans belt , where we stopped and been temp fixed with VCO and Gas ( me) assistance others had time for some play and refreshments . Continued to main road and wished to meet again more often in 2012 . It was great company and meeting fun people like myself . I hope everyone had enjoyed today trip and thank you all for attending yet we missed the other members that they couldn't make it . Thank you: Richard, Manuel, Arif, Volcan, Naushad & Aftab and Gaurav yes as well as Scott for assisting in pictur taking and his brother ( sorry forget the name ) for covering up some tummies !! :) picture I will leave to others to post as I was sweeping the sand today finding a lost part of lR4 Plastic Front Fender!!!

Here is the link to some photos courtesy of ( DOC): http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 427&type=1

Thanks Ghassan for quick trip report and pictures.

It was my first drive with Range Rover (Ghassan, its not RR Classic). And big thanks to Richard (Doc) who made sure that my RR comes out in one piece, with front bumper so low i had no hope of saving it but with good pace and careful choice of track by leader my wife is still happy, as this RR is on my wife's name. Whats in the name though :)

I would like to thank Manuel for second lead, Ghassan for sweep, Vulcan, Arif and Naushad for good company. Looking fwd for the same experience again, it was pleasure driving with zero ego and like minded people so that we can enjoy the natural beauty and company than showing off......!

All pictures on Picassa Gallery

https://picasaweb.google.com/105330015120879050364/LandRoverDubaiFirstDesertDrive

Drive leader (Richard) (Doc)

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for the nice post Gaurav! It was real fun and now we can start to tighten up the screw of difficulty :) Consider this drive as a warm up. Land Rovers and Range Rovers can go way further than that. Well driven, I do believe that they are ahead of other cars. And on top of that, it's a great brand ;) Happy that everyone enjoyed!

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5