•  
Advertise here

hAwX

So anybody knows any place to get such lenses and glue from?
FYI I know buying a new headlight is a lot easier but then again for my specific model it's 1000+ for a piece OEM and about 800 aftermarket.. about 400-600 for a standard one but I'm having the bi-xenon + the labor. Just put in here cuz last time when I asked about the windshield, that was the popular answer. The point is... If it's not necessary, then why waste the hard earned money be it a couple of 100bucks!?

A lot of people don't know that just changing out the lens is all they need and according to what I know, it can be done for most of the cars out there!?

In most of these kinda car videos, people buy stuff from Chinese websites like alibaba/aliexpress.... I have had bad experiences with it but got a refund although lost some money due to exchange rates and I think it was because I didn't give any P.O.Box number mainly because I don't have 1. Have anybody else bought stuff from aliexpress? It's an awesome place where we get almost anything for dirt cheap price. My elder brother whose in India buys from the site frequently. The only problem he faces is the international shipping time period.

There are people who buy stuff in bulk quantity from alie and sell it on Shopify for triple the price.

Back to the thread lol. I would also like to know if any of you have swapped out headlights with a new one and how much you paid for it.

• Like (+1) 1

It's an amazingly genius find and share buddy, all my life I use to think that headlight lens is not removable and factory sealed. However, no one told or shared that there are ways to cut open these lenses and replace them too. WOW.

People here spend 100'ssssss of dhs in getting them polished every year instead of replacing it. 

I like your new tag too: https://carnity.com/tags/letskeeptheforumalive/

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Costs very little to polish headlight lenses if you’re willing put put a bit of effort in.  Water and a few sheets of wet and dry sandpaper  

I used to split VW headlights to paint the reflectors black. I used to bake them in the oven for a few minutes. Softens the glue enough to separate them with no damage. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Barry said:

Costs very little to polish headlight lenses if you’re willing put put a bit of effort in.  Water and a few sheets of wet and dry sandpaper  

I used to split VW headlights to paint the reflectors black. I used to bake them in the oven for a few minutes. Softens the glue enough to separate them with no damage. 

Little did i know before spending 40 each on polishing my lens that it was oxidized from the inside and not outside...

20 hours ago, Gaurav said:

It's an amazingly genius find and share buddy, all my life I use to think that headlight lens is not removable and factory sealed. However, no one told or shared that there are ways to cut open these lenses and replace them too. WOW.

People here spend 100'ssssss of dhs in getting them polished every year instead of replacing it. 

I like your new tag too: https://carnity.com/tags/letskeeptheforumalive/

i wondered the same and did a quick google search and boom wasn't disappointed.. For most cars this is really a good option but the problem is we are in UAE and this is not really an option here.. Just one of those neglected things in the car world.. 

and yeah i like forums.... it took me some time to find this one and being that its based in UAE im just more excited... Have been a member of several international forums and they are all dead... Looks like the trend of forums is slowing going down. Used to be a member of DriveArabia too and they shut down! they dont have it anymore making this the only active one in the region

Edited by hAwX

Important Information

Terms of use