•  
Advertise here

The nice time of year

Barry

When you can shower comfortably. The water doesn’t freeze you so hard that you can’t breathe, and it’s not like standing under a blow torch. The shattaf doesn’t mess with your asshole. You don’t have to store water in buckets to let it cool and you don’t have to use the water heater to make it warm. The weather isn’t hot, it isn’t cold. All is well with the world. Enjoy while you can before mr sun starts kicking our ass again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just came from London a few days back where just a glimpse of sun was like a god gift. Having a drink with friends on a terrace here now so I am not complaining about this time of year 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Rahim bhai you are a human camel 😂

When I originally came here it was -10 degrees when I left. The roads were so bad frozen I didn’t think I would make my flight. 9 hours later I came to Sharjah. It was 19 degrees and I was sweating and dying from the heat. 

You learn to adapt and survive. 50 degrees? Bring it on!

• Haha (+1) 2

It's a lie, regardless of how long you've lived here, you never get used to the scorching summer heat. 

I'm already starting to hate it as its becoming warmer. Already miss the winter here :(

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, desertdude said:

It's a lie, regardless of how long you've lived here, you never get used to the scorching summer heat. 

I'm already starting to hate it as its becoming warmer. Already miss the winter here :(

I can deal with the heat no problem. It’s the sweating that kills me. Clothes soaked like you were standing in a shower. I find it hard to stay hydrated. I drink and drink until I feel like throwing up but when you only pee twice a day and all your fluids are coming out through your skin it can’t be good. I miss the ice and snow but this is life now. 

• Like (+1) 2