•  
Advertise here

Replace the Pajero original sound system

So i have been looking to replace my sound system with an android screen, however there's a lot of aftermarket options in the market which is confusing. Every time i find a good screen i start hearing bad reviews about it,

I would appreciate some advices from our pajero owners.

6 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

So i have been looking to replace my sound system with an android screen, however there's a lot of aftermarket options in the market which is confusing. Every time i find a good screen i start hearing bad reviews about it,

I would appreciate some advices from our pajero owners.

Just a question ?

- do you want better sound ?

- or a more modern touch screen, like a android unit ?

Reason why I’m asking is that most of these aftermarket android thingys have horrible built in amplifiers, which will make your sound system sounds even worse than the original. 
If your aim is to improve sound quality then you could keep the unit, but invest in a separate amplifier and component speakers.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

Doesn't the Jero come with a Mark Levinson system?

You mean Rockford.

Mark Levinson is in Lexus.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have rockford, i heard from too many ppl about thier disappointment from the pajero sound system, i was shocked to know that not all pajero models come rockford. Most of them unhappy with the non rockford quality bad sound quality and no way to connect to the sound system other than dvd player or the aux plug and they come without Bluetooth calling system so its bad setup in this case i personally advice those who has this setup to invest in a new modern setup. 

For me, I am kind of satisfied with the rockford sound quality i have 10 or 12 speakers in total including a subwoofer and Bluetooth calling system all original. Its decent enough good sound quality and covers all my needs but i don't have and i need is a big android screen to have the maps on and rear reverse parking camera. 

Having an android screen we can install lots of apps that could make our ride more fun.

Yes you are right

2 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

I have rockford, i heard from too many ppl about thier disappointment from the pajero sound system, i was shocked to know that not all pajero models come rockford. Most of them unhappy with the non rockford quality bad sound quality and no way to connect to the sound system other than dvd player or the aux plug and they come without Bluetooth calling system so its bad setup in this case i personally advice those who has this setup to invest in a new modern setup. 

For me, I am kind of satisfied with the rockford sound quality i have 10 or 12 speakers in total including a subwoofer and Bluetooth calling system all original. Its decent enough good sound quality and covers all my needs but i don't have and i need is a big android screen to have the maps on and rear reverse parking camera. 

Having an android screen we can install lots of apps that could make our ride more fun.

https://www.amazon.ae/سيارة-اندرويد-وكاميرا-أمامية-كاميراخلفية/dp/B07MVXHVNV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=car+Bluetooth+screen+gps&qid=1595222354&sr=8-1

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Just a question ?

- do you want better sound ?

- or a more modern touch screen, like a android unit ?

Reason why I’m asking is that most of these aftermarket android thingys have horrible built in amplifiers, which will make your sound system sounds even worse than the original. 
If your aim is to improve sound quality then you could keep the unit, but invest in a separate amplifier and component speakers.

This is good to know. I am also looking for a android screen but sound quality also matters to me.I think for having both than i should go to a good branded screen. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sertac said:

This is good to know. I am also looking for a android screen but sound quality also matters to me.I think for having both than i should go to a good branded screen. 

Agree. If you don't want to compromise on your sound quality, go for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, or other well known audio brand. Stay away from the Chinese ones unless you will use an external amplifier.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Michael sammy said:

The original Rockford Fosgate system, IF properly set up and a decent source is used (for example try a CD) is a very good audio system. The problem is most listen to the crappy FM radio, or plug in an MP3 player filled with songs they downloaded from Youtube in 128kbps codec quality.

What i did, was added a AUX connector and hooked up to an old smartphone i had laying around. Now i am using this phone with 6" screen with Spotify (offline tracks), Gaia GPS, or any other app i'd like to run. Costed me nothing as i had the phone lying around, and didn't have to break out the existing headunit.

I've seen those Android headunits that replace the original one, and Dragon Mart has them with reverse camera and all those other gadgets but i haven't tried that yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Agree. If you don't want to compromise on your sound quality, go for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, or other well known audio brand. Stay away from the Chinese ones unless you will use an external amplifier.

Adding external ampfi and subwoofer with Chinese android system might be good option. Since my car is basic option original speakers not that good. 

Is anyone running off road navigation app on these screens? I need the screen because my wife need backup camera and i am also thinking it would be good to have the navigation on such big screen while off roading. 

• Like (+1) 1