COVID19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra- Dubai - 2 Oct 2020

Frederic

Dear @Lukas Lewis @Arshad Roojee 

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Kindly introduce yourselves by providing the following information:

- Which 4x4 are you driving ?

- Any prior experience in offroading ?

- Does the vehicle have front and rear towpoints and are they in perfect condition ?

Please go through the Newbie Video Briefing which will prepare you for your first drive with us:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

With regards to offroad gear, please bring a tyre deflator and pressure gauge (readily available in Ace or Speedex). Other items like a shovel, offroad flag, and radio will become mandatory from a second drive onwards (if you have them already plz do bring it along).
  • Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear @Frederic 

Thank you for the welcome. I drive a 2008 Ford Explorer and has offroad experience, but certainly not experienced in the desert sand. My 4x4 has got front & rear tow hooks and slightly lift suspension vs standard.

see you all Friday morning

Regards, Lukas

• Like (+1) 2

Just realized i need a radio for the convoy and communications. Guess i would have to cancel if i cannot find one tomorrow.

@Frederic Anyone can advise details of a cost effective reliable radio set i can buy and where perhaps?

Regards, Lukas

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lukas Lewis said:

Just realized i need a radio for the convoy and communications. Guess i would have to cancel if i cannot find one tomorrow.

@Frederic Anyone can advise details of a cost effective reliable radio set i can buy and where perhaps?

Regards, Lukas

Hi Lukas,

There is an excellent write up about the radios: 

I just got the Baofeng UV5-R: at Dragon Mart, 70-80 Dirhams after bargain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello, I'm happy to join the club, I have some experience on mud roads in Brazil, I've never driven in the sand dunes.  I will be driving a Dodge Ram that has all needed details for the off road, also shovel, radio, tow cord,  tire deflator... I will be going with my teenager son who is also excited for it.  See you guys.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Lukas Lewis said:

Regards, Lukas

Hi @Lukas Lewisfor your first drive you can use a spare model that we can give you, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1

Good morning @Krishnakumar.

This drive is reserved for Absolute Newbies only (first drive with Carnity). So please remove your RSVP. You can asked to be put in the waitlist of any of the Newbie drives this weekend.

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

Hello, I'm happy to join the club, I have some experience on mud roads in Brazil, I've never driven in the sand dunes.  I will be driving a Dodge Ram that has all needed details for the off road, also shovel, radio, tow cord,  tire deflator... I will be going with my teenager son who is also excited for it.  See you guys.

Welcome to the club @DANIEL NOGUEIRA !

Looking forward to see that Dodge Ram, and i am sure your teenager son will have a good time too !

Please take your time to read through the drive topic with regards to the Covid rules, and watch the Newbie video briefing which has replaced the verbal briefing we normally do. Watching this video with undivided attention will give you a good headstart to prepare yourself for offroading.

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

Cool, I did read and watched the video... it's been sometime that we want to do it but we are always busy on Friday mornings,  but I got some time off to go to the first ride tomorrow.  And yes, Ram is nice... let's see how is it on the dunes... 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use