•  
Advertise here

New Member new FJ new to Off-roading

Niki

Hi all

Am a new member and recently purchased a new 2021 spec FJ cruiser that I am desperately trying to get through the 1k miles run in period :) 

excited to join the beginner sessions and would welcome fellow FJ owners recommendations/guidance/warnings.  

I am keen to ‘explore’ the desert vs dune bashing or extreme off-roading... looking forward to start my journey with you all.  

thanks

niki 

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

Hi all

Am a new member and recently purchased a new 2021 spec FJ cruiser that I am desperately trying to get through the 1k miles run in period :) 

excited to join the beginner sessions and would welcome fellow FJ owners recommendations/guidance/warnings.  

I am keen to ‘explore’ the desert vs dune bashing or extreme off-roading... looking forward to start my journey with you all.  

thanks

niki 

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Niki Patel !

We have weekly drives for all levels. When joining us for the first time you can book into the Absolute Newbie drive which is being posted every Sunday. You can do this by clicking on the calendar event, and then clicking on "Going". That will make sure you are on the RSVP list and further information about that drive will be announced.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

9 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

Hi all

thanks

niki 

@Niki Patel Welcome to the offroad club in @Carnity 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hey @Niki Patel,

Welcome to the club! It’s funny, I read your post on the FJ Cruiser Forum, and I was planning to respond to you and invite you to the Carnity Club, but you found the club on your own and beat me to it 😀

In any event, congratulations on your purchase. The Land Rover is a great car, but the FJ is the queen of the desert (I can see my fellow Jeepers frowning 😂). Yours is really nice, and I particularly love the big screen infotainment system.

As an FJC owner myself (daily driver), my advice would be for you to view the videos and threads aimed at newbies on the Carnity site. They are very informative. 

Secondly, learn all you can about your car. How to put it in 4 low/4 high and how to turn off traction control and anti slip control. Also, learn how to engage the A-trac; it works like magic. I’ve seen demos where people who are stuck, engage the A-trac, exit the FJC and let the car get unstuck itself without intervention from the driver 😳

Finally, enjoy your car and Carnity; you’re in for a lot of great learning and loads of fun 😀

See you soon on the sand!

Ahab

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hey Ahab!  Thank you so much for this welcome and guidance.. exactly what I needed.  Love that FJ forum community and so happy to have found this group for fellow UAE owners.  

mines also a daily driver and weekend toy (once I complete the 1k miles running in :) )

I’ll prioritize going through the forum vids etc as recommended.  I played with 4high at the hidden beach ... I’ll look to find a safe place to practice low and atrac ... amazing to hear how effective it can be in the dessert.  

I hope we get to join a drive together soon.. once I get confident and through the intros. 

lots to learn from this forum so will keep myself busy today

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, Niki Patel said:

Hey Ahab!  Thank you so much for this welcome and guidance.. exactly what I needed.  Love that FJ forum community and so happy to have found this group for fellow UAE owners.  

mines also a daily driver and weekend toy (once I complete the 1k miles running in :) )

I’ll prioritize going through the forum vids etc as recommended.  I played with 4high at the hidden beach ... I’ll look to find a safe place to practice low and atrac ... amazing to hear how effective it can be in the dessert.  

I hope we get to join a drive together soon.. once I get confident and through the intros. 

lots to learn from this forum so will keep myself busy today

Sure bro! I’m a newbie myself 😀 I’m sure we’ll run into each other on a future drive real soon.

Cheers!

Ahab

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Niki Patel. Welcome to Carnity. From what I read about your idea of off-roading you're in the right place. We as a community believe in sharing our knowledge so that some day you can use this knowledge to enlighten and engage newer members. We do not believe in bashing your vehicle as unlike some other clubs we do not own a garage where we can repair your vehicle and charge you for it. We believe in safe off-roading for all. You should take advantage and go through the newbie brief and other useful threads posted by seniors who care about your safety and the safety of your vehicle. FJ is a very very capable off-roader and I'm sure once you learn and perfect your skills you'll be able to participate in the many adventures we have in store for you.

@Ahab Shamaa if Land Cruiser is the King of the desert, than definitely FJ (Fatimah Jassim) is the queen of the desert. 😉😜

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well said @Rahimdad😀 We’ve all built up these drives so much for @Niki Patel , that he’s gonna want to skip this work week and move directly to Friday to join the Absolute Newbie Drive 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2