Fire extinguishers

M.Seidam

@Carnity
Hi everyone 

Recently all kinds of fire extinguishers were withdrawn from all gas stations , and from hardware  stores and barely you could find them from fire safety corporations in industrial areas. obviously For safety reasons .I got my type C from on line when I was propmoted to fewbie that time because I had no choice as such items I prefer to get them on the fly.

yesterday I was in speedex hardware store in sheikh zayed road branch and I sow plenty of fire extinguishers, just loading them down , from different sizes and with reasonable prices.also I noticed them preset in some Enoch gas stations . Now they are fully licensed to sell them.

For the new fewbies it’s a requirement to have it on board , although it’s good to have it for newbie as well ( not a must for newbie level as far as I know ) and as a matter of fact at home and in your other vehicles as well.

I thought of letting you know guys about that .

cheers 🙏🏻🚙👍

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I'm not sure about other Emirates but for Dubai registered cars you need a safety triangle and a fire extinguisher. These do have an expiry date and must be refilled before expiry date. However the car extinguishers are quite small. I personally carry a 4KG fire extinguisher and 2 fire extinguisher balls which are with 5 year expiry date.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I have a car fire extinguisher and totally not aware about the need to check on the expiry date. 

Where can I get the expiry 'renewed' by getting it refilled? 

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I'm not sure about other Emirates but for Dubai registered cars you need a safety triangle and a fire extinguisher. These do have an expiry date and must be refilled before expiry date. However the car extinguishers are quite small. I personally carry a 4KG fire extinguisher and 2 fire extinguisher balls which are with 5 year expiry date.

• Like (+1) 2

If fire extinguisher dial showing needle is in green mark (usually center upright), no need to refill as they don't expire until 3 to 5 or even 10 years easily. Expiration sticker is placed to visually see that dial and make sure that needle is in green mark.

If needle is not on green mark and drop to either side (left or right) in red zone, it's highly advisable to buy another one. I refilled twice from good company in aweer and both times, they failed (lost pressure) within a month time. It could have been catastrophic If I would have needed it.

As an offroader, everyone need to make sure to keep checking that dial every month, at least.

Holding fire extinguisher

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Gaurav for this explanation as many are not aware , I was one of them till recently when checked it 🙏🏻

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use