•  
Advertise here

F150 Front Bumper Modification

Hello my fellow Carnity Members, I had a little accident today nothing serious just the plastic piece that holds the number plate on my front bumper broke while off roading today on the drive with @Frederic and @Vanessa8580.

I wanted to ask where I can change the full front bumper into something more off-road type (integrated lights, skid plate, high angle of approach, preferably steel, of course something legal) does anyone know any good garages where I can acquire such a bumper or even custom make one to my style. I know that XXXXXXXXX do these thing but from asking around they are kind of a rip off however their quality is good from what I've been told.

If you guys could recommend any good garages that do these things, what are the approximate price ranges, if you've had any trouble with the police (being pulled over especially in Sharjah, I pass by there a lot). ) or RTA when you want to renew your cars, or even with the showrooms or insurance anything at all would be amazing help. I've been wanting to change this bumper since I bought this car but nothing has ever happened till today so I think that may be a sign to change the bumper 😅🤣

P.S. 

The picture shows the damage, the actual bumper is still intact, everything felt tight and rigid so no real structural damage from what I can see. Just the number plate holder is gone as you can see, and lets pray that I don't get stopped by the police 😅

Thank you

9836dd09-08ac-412b-9a2c-c081ff35bc4b.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Hello my fellow Carnity Members, I had a little accident today nothing serious just the plastic piece that holds the number plate on my front bumper broke while off roading today on the drive with @Frederic and @Vanessa8580.

I wanted to ask where I can change the full front bumper into something more off-road type (integrated lights, skid plate, high angle of approach, preferably steel, of course something legal) does anyone know any good garages where I can acquire such a bumper or even custom make one to my style. I know that green autoworks do these thing but from asking around they are kind of a rip off however their quality is good from what I've been told.

If you guys could recommend any good garages that do these things, what are the approximate price ranges, if you've had any trouble with the police (being pulled over especially in Sharjah, I pass by there a lot). ) or RTA when you want to renew your cars, or even with the showrooms or insurance anything at all would be amazing help. I've been wanting to change this bumper since I bought this car but nothing has ever happened till today so I think that may be a sign to change the bumper 😅🤣

P.S. 

The picture shows the damage, the actual bumper is still intact, everything felt tight and rigid so no real structural damage from what I can see. Just the number plate holder is gone as you can see, and lets pray that I don't get stopped by the police 😅

Thank you

9836dd09-08ac-412b-9a2c-c081ff35bc4b.jpg

You are absolutely correct about the assessment of XXXXXXX. Very expensive and they charge because they know the work. What to do now a days there are very less people who knows solutions. I'm posting the picture of the plastic piece holding the number plate @Shehab Alawadhi.  I don't know why but the picture file fails to upload. 

• Like (+1) 3

If you bumped that plastic part after 5-6 drives then ask yourself if this was a one-off accident of you bumping or missing some brake in time. This can and will happen to all of us and you shouldn't be thinking of changing the whole bumper because of this case (only).

Get that plastic bit sorted and add 6mm - 8mm bash plate underneath as you already have a metal bumper and good clearance.

The more customized stuff you get in this scenario will simply increase the weight on the nose of the car and will restrict your long hill climb in future fewbie and intermediate drives, my two cents. Customized or full metal bumper like Warn and TJM brand will add at least 40-50 kg weight in front.

Maybe you can check with other Ford F150 users if they have done something for the bumper. @Francois Germishuys @Jack Thomas @Malachy McGrogan @Melenany

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If you bumped that plastic part after 5-6 drives then ask yourself if this was a one-off accident of you bumping or missing some brake in time. This can and will happen to all of us and you shouldn't be thinking of changing the whole bumper because of this case (only).

Get that plastic bit sorted and add 6mm - 8mm bash plate underneath as you already have a metal bumper and good clearance.

The more customized stuff you get in this scenario will simply increase the weight on the nose of the car and will restrict your long hill climb in future fewbie and intermediate drives, my two cents. Customized or full metal bumper like Warn and TJM brand will add at least 40-50 kg weight in front.

Maybe you can check with other Ford F150 users if they have done something for the bumper. @Francois Germishuys @Jack Thomas @Malachy McGrogan @Melenany

Good day, that plastic thing cost about Dhs100 directly from Ford, ive replaced mine once already, bumped the wall at home and then hit a dune which then took it off... but generally i dont get my nose that deep into dunes to damage it and ive had about 12 desert drives now and no issues, i dont think its worth changing the bumper for that, besides it being dead cheap to replace a 2 inch lift (king/ icon/ fox) will make more sense (probably cost the same) than to change the bumper as you actually  dont need it. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Gaurav I was behind him and saw the hit. @Vanessa8580 was also a witness as we were the only 2 people left to climb that dune. It was a serious hit and sand was flying everywhere. In fact his whole car was immersed in sand just like water splashes when you enter a big patch. @Shehab Alawadhi tried to climb a dune from an area not attempted by anyone before and the car was moving at great speed and the front crashed into the dune as the gradient was very steep and he attempted to scale it from flat ground. It took me by surprise that sand can fly like that when hit. So even though the climb looked tempting from that angle I decided not to attempt it and followed everybody else's path. Can't blame @Shehab Alawadhi as the path was already churned up by drives before him and he thought that he will get bogged down with his heavy truck and had to try to scale the dune slightly deviating from the regular path. He is lucky that his truck withstood that massive hit and only a plastic piece got ripped.   

• Like (+1) 3

@Shehab Alawadhi I regret I was not taking video of that beautiful scene of sand flying everywhere but I'm very impressed by your presence of mind to climb up without letting go of the momentum despite a massive hit and the strength of your truck. By the way I noticed your car climbed much higher and travelled much farther than anybody else on that dune despite the nasty hit. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Shehab Alawadhi it was with a reason that I stopped the entire convoy and clearly explained the track that needed to be followed. All other cars made it through without any issues, so deviating from the original track can have its consequences unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Yea it was my fault for not following the track, I can admit to that @Frederic. I wanted to try something with my car and test the limit, of my front bumper. I got lucky it was just that plastic part that broke and Alhamdu lilah I didn’t get hurt and nothing major happened to my car.
@Gaurav alright will do, and you’re right my car is heavy especially in the front. Thinking about it now it makes sense. Carbon fiber would work but that’s very pricey.

@Francois Germishuys Alright I’ll look into lift kits then. Which of the brands would you recommend, and which stage? 

@Thomas Varghese it felt like a wave of sand crashed into bonnet it looked really cool from the inside. At the time I didn’t hear anything break but the point of impact was not where I thought it was. After closer inspection it was somewhere else on the bumper that hit and the plastic part broke because of the pressure.

@Frederic again I’m sorry for not following the path. I totally can admit that I messed up. I did learn something though, my car really does have a lot of torque and power, she just kept going and going up I was really fascinated. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

18 hours ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Yea it was my fault for not following the track, I can admit to that @Frederic. I wanted to try something with my car and test the limit, of my front bumper. I got lucky it was just that plastic part that broke and Alhamdu lilah I didn’t get hurt and nothing major happened to my car.
@Gaurav alright will do, and you’re right my car is heavy especially in the front. Thinking about it now it makes sense. Carbon fiber would work but that’s very pricey.

@Francois Germishuys Alright I’ll look into lift kits then. Which of the brands would you recommend, and which stage? 

@Thomas Varghese it felt like a wave of sand crashed into bonnet it looked really cool from the inside. At the time I didn’t hear anything break but the point of impact was not where I thought it was. After closer inspection it was somewhere else on the bumper that hit and the plastic part broke because of the pressure.

@Frederic again I’m sorry for not following the path. I totally can admit that I messed up. I did learn something though, my car really does have a lot of torque and power, she just kept going and going up I was really fascinated. 

You will need to decide what it is you want from your truck first, make a plan, just putting any lift kit might turn out not working for you at all, adding on weight later on will affect which type of suspension upgrades you will need, you dont want to have to change everything again if you decide to put different bumpers and other items on the back at a later stage that all add extra weight and then you did not plan for that when you upgraded the suspension. 

A good point to start to get height added to your truck will be the tyres and rims to get your read axle higher of the ground then decide which suspension upgrade will go along with it (2-2.5inch lift is more than enough) to lift your chassis (break over angle, approach and departure angle) higher of the ground for better clearance. There are many options for suspension also, so you’ll need to do your research a bit to see what will suit your needs and most importantly your pocket as suspension is not cheap starting from around 6.5k to almost 15k....

shop around for tyres and rims first and check their weight as you dont want to add to much extra weight to your truck. i know  385hp is plenty and i know you will barely feel the difference but less weight is better, also look into a cold air intake when you do all these modifications to help your truck breathe easier (it adds 10+hp also)  

Good luck ✌🏼

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Francois Germishuys said:

You will need to decide what it is you want from your truck first, make a plan, just putting any lift kit might turn out not working for you at all, adding on weight later on will affect which type of suspension upgrades you will need, you dont want to have to change everything again if you decide to put different bumpers and other items on the back at a later stage that all add extra weight and then you did not plan for that when you upgraded the suspension. 

A good point to start to get height added to your truck will be the tyres and rims to get your read axle higher of the ground then decide which suspension upgrade will go along with it (2-2.5inch lift is more than enough) to lift your chassis (break over angle, approach and departure angle) higher of the ground for better clearance. There are many options for suspension also, so you’ll need to do your research a bit to see what will suit your needs and most importantly your pocket as suspension is not cheap starting from around 6.5k to almost 15k....

shop around for tyres and rims first and check their weight as you dont want to add to much extra weight to your truck. i know  385hp is plenty and i know you will barely feel the difference but less weight is better, also look into a cold air intake when you do all these modifications to help your truck breathe easier (it adds 10+hp also)  

Good luck ✌🏼

Alright. Thank you so much for the help. I guess I’ll wait and look around. 

• Like (+1) 1