Advertise here

Pajero Gen4 offroad tire size

Yes absolutely but have a look if it’s not running the inner fenders too much. They are fantastic tyres for off-roading.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Since you are increasing the profile of the tyre from 65 to 70, the overall size of the tyre would increase by an inch.

So when you hit a hard bump, there might be a possibility that the tyre would hit the inner fender. if that's the case, you can increase the size of the bump stop by an inch which would help protect your fender.

As per my knowledge the stock tyre in a Pajero is the largest tyre that can fit without any rubbing or hitting the fender.

By the way do you drive the 3.5 or the 3.8?

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

Since you are increasing the profile of the tyre from 65 to 70, the overall size of the tyre would increase by an inch.

So when you hit a hard bump, there might be a possibility that the tyre would hit the inner fender. if that's the case, you can increase the size of the bump stop by an inch which would help protect your fender.

As per my knowledge the stock tyre in a Pajero is the largest tyre that can fit without any rubbing or hitting the fender.

By the way do you drive the 3.5 or the 3.8?

Mine is a 3.5 Ltr.

This size comes to an overall diameter of 31,6 inch, which is the same as Vanessa her 265/65/18 tyres. She has no issues with rubbing. Maybe some of the inner fender lining is offered to the desert gods though :) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Frederic said:

This size comes to an overall diameter of 31,6 inch, which is the same as Vanessa her 265/65/18 tyres. She has no issues with rubbing. Maybe some of the inner fender lining is offered to the desert gods though :) 

Thank you @Frederic, do you think a 1 or 2 inch lift using a spacer would help or it's ok to drive and feel with the new sized tire before deciding any further mod?

6 minutes ago, Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader said:

Thank you @Frederic, do you think a 1 or 2 inch lift using a spacer would help or it's ok to drive and feel with the new sized tire before deciding any further mod?

Check during installation if there is any running while steering completely left or right. On Vanessa her Pajero we have put a 2inch spacer to have slightly wider center of gravity.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Check during installation if there is any running while steering completely left or right. On Vanessa her Pajero we have put a 2inch spacer to have slightly wider center of gravity.

@Frederic has given me a good reason to fix a spacer to my Xterra

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader said:

I would try first for a few drives and see if you face any issues.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1