COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 13 Mar 2021

Jeepie

6 hours ago, Jeepie said:

With a very strong convoy we set off under Kailas' lead. A little correction in direction at the start was all it took, and then @Kailas was in his element. With some lovely wide dunes and a few little technical areas, we ended up at a perfect slope, where Kailas showed us what a good teacher he is.  Showing us how to side slope, ridge ride and criss cross one by one. After checking out that nobody was fighting gravity and everyone was coping quite well, we set off again finding nice dunes to practice what we learned. A few refusals and a couple of stucks are all part of the game.  Nothing serious and all solved with the help of @AlexPol and @Watteau (another Alex). Nice to see @Sinol that you are no longer shy on the gas,@William Fernandes no longer fighting gravity and @Ranjan Das that you are getting used to the new car feeling more confident. A Special shout out for all the less experienced Fewbies @Lawrence_Chehimi @Mikhail Lukichev @Federico De Chirico @Salty3Arab and @Watteau you all did a great job. Very strong convoy.  I certainly enjoyed the drive. Hope you did too. And @Lawrence_Chehimi thanks again for pointing out the loose hose hanging from my car.

See you all again soon 

Pictures in the gallery

Thanks again @Jeepie mentoring me and for letting me drive the entire trip. 😃 And special thanks for the wonderful pictures. I'm sure everyone's happy to see them riding the ridges.

We had a great convoy that had few refusals and stucks. Always good do have an Alex to take care of any issues in the convoy, lucky that we had 2 ( @AlexPol @Watteau) Thanks and well done guys.

@Lawrence_Chehimi I had attended many of your drives including Absolute newbie. I can see how well you're handling your Y62 specially after modifying the bumper. Only a crested stuck which we was immediately shoveled and self recovered.👍

@Federico De Chirico & @Salty3Arab handled their Pajero's very well. 

@Mikhail Lukichev I can't recollect you having any refusals. Well done mate👌

@Sinol, I have been driving with you for a very long time. I am very happy to see that you're getting your way around your Pajero and no longer shy on gas.

@William Fernandes managed his FJ nicely. 👍 for the self recovery. You're FJ has got so many gadgets to get out of almost any refusal. Soon you will get to use them.

@Ranjan Das good to see you back in action🙌. You managed your SWB smoothly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use