Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Easter Bunny Run - Dubai - 17 Apr 2022

Ale Vallecchi

Thank you all for the fantastic drive today! 

@Frederic thanks for chosing a great route and leading the convoy. Thank you @Anoop Nair for keeping an eye on me as I learnt a lot in a new position for me in almost the end of the pack.

@Thiani hope you get your car fixed soon.

some snapshots are attached.

07899729-5E7A-451F-9107-BF0C48FBB70C.jpeg

13F1EEB6-8873-46BB-9ED9-C71CD874A58A.jpeg

57EA26B3-2352-4465-971C-0F33C5905AF3.jpeg

4A4EDEE6-4208-46FE-B733-3B49C8109AAD.jpeg

34525E01-3DE7-43F6-9E88-3DC61A4ACC4D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Frederic said:

Well, we didn’t find any bunnies this morning. What we did found was a group of  enthusiasts that were eager to explore some nice virgin areas of Qudra and beyond. Throughout the drive we were able to keep a good pace and only had a handful of refusals, and some excellent self recovery skills by @Yaseen87 and wonderful support from @Anoop Nair.

All of you drove very well today ! 

After having enjoyed the Qudra area, we crossed the road into Al Hathmah and the plan was to make this drive into a nice loop where we would exit at the Love Lakes. Unfortunately @Thian his Jeep hit a bump somewhere after coming off a dune which resulted in an overheating issue shortly after and upon opening the bonnet we noticed the cooling fluid was almost entirely gone and the engine bay was covered in pink coolant. The only option was to disengage the electronic parking brake with the engine off (we had to check in the operator manual), and tow the car out back to the road. 
As we were on the last part of the drive, we all exited together. I wanted to thank you all for the great drive this morning and the support from all of you !

@Thian i hope the damage is not to severe and you can join us soon again. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend !

49862645-5939-4B60-8F08-38D630D07BAD.jpeg

CA8307A3-B675-4190-9956-C7C8E0229057.jpeg

@Frederic you legend.

Love your drive post reports :)

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Amr Aydin said:

@Frederic you legend.

Love your drive post reports :)

Well It is lovely to drive with experience team and learn lot of opportunity new things on off-road drive from Newbie to Fewbie yesterday.

Unfortunately and sadly, we were unable to complete successfully full drive toward the end as my car engine was overheating and the damage of coolant system function due to front bumper car was hitting something when down the hill yesterday.

A huge thanks to @Frederic for his experience and challenging works to unlock electronic function in the car so that the car wheels can be moved when towing the car and bring everyone back to exist point.

Thanks @Frederic and @Anoop Nair for your leap and support through all the drive. Also would like to thank everyone who concern my car issue and repairing.

Really unforgettable on Easter day for this …….. Hope to see you and drive with you guys soon.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use