•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 17 Jul 2022

Islam Soliman

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When: 17 July 2022, Monday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 24°43'42.2"N 55°33'30.7"E
https://goo.gl/maps/Cm3uZkczFxm4Ypig6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

Thank @Matt.T for the update.. hope to drive with you soon

@ASAD. pls let me know if you are still interested to join this one

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Ranjan Das @Amir Amiri @Ashok chaturvedi @Thomas Varghese @Zed @ASAD. @Simon Dawood @Fabien Monleau @Vaibhav @Chris Wing

Pre-drive details below:

• Please ensure you have your mask on while outside of your car
  • Be at the meeting point by 5:00am (or before) and start deflating your tires and erect your flag
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 3 (446,056)
  • Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  24°43'42.2"N 55°33'30.7"E
    https://goo.gl/maps/Cm3uZkczFxm4Ypig6
  • Convoy Order:

image.png.594364c22f51b3d77f40060c0adfda48.png

• Like (+1) 6

@Islam SolimanDear Islam sir.. I may need withdraw from tomorrow's drive due to some sudden unavoidable home commitment. 

I hope yourself and the entire convoy have a wonderful and safe experience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

@Islam Soliman my engine check light turned on this evening and 4lo keeps blinking. There doesnt seem to be any issue in the car, probably a sensor issue. If the problem persists in the morning, i may have to skip the drive.

• Like (+1) 1

@ASAD. try clearing the code with OBD2 scanner. If there's no issue with the car & clearing the code doesn't bring the code back, it's just a temporary glitch due to 4L to 2WD switching too fast (happened yesterday with a friend's Fortuner 4.0).  If no OBD2 scanner available, come to the meeting point and we'll clear the CEL for you 😊 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use