•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - High Speed Drama - Part 2 - Last Exit to ??? - Dubai - 30 Oct 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

Dear Sand Sailors

Wow, just realized its already been more than two months since we went on that high speed, adrenaline pumping drive from Tawi Nazwa to Big Red - the 1st phase of this series - covering more than 50Km in less than 2.5 hours.

With weather getting really nice, glad to launch the 2nd phase.

This time we will start off next to Last Exit with one and only mission - keep the wheels rolling and while side slopping, ridge riding and criss-crossing through the dunes in Qudra, go as far as we can go. 

With no specific exit in mind, its going to be a drive with focus to indulge in our innate NEED FOR SPEED (while ofcourse keeping safety as our top priority).

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When: 30th Oct 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: Last Exit.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1oGtGNPWvUqib5dVA

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - High Speed Drama - Part 2 - Last Exit to ??? - Dubai - 30 Oct 2022

Dear Sand Sailors

@Werno @Jona @salah2u @Mahmoud Taha @Jessica Lambert @Joseph Raju @Gerrit Bus @Yusuf Esaf

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. What an awesome mix of rides and riders we have here - from new to Fb+ to experienced intermediates and that too with all makes of vehicles - actually, don’t think we are missing any options, perhaps a truck, let’s see we have may have new joinees over thr week. This is going to be some nice fun on the sand.

I have been out of country and have missed the feel of sand for last two weekends, so really looking forward for this drive. 

Last time we were on this track, we covered around 75Km in 3.5 hours and that was not with intent for a fast pace drive. So let’s see what we can achieve with this awesome convoy we have here. No pressure, I think that was a NB or a FB drive 🤔🤔

Key elements to plan before Sunday. 
a. Take good rest before the drive. 

b. Hydrate yourself properly through the week, my ambition with this High speed Drive is not to even allow for time to drink during the drive 😀😀. Dubai 30x30 is starting soon, take this as a preparatory drive. 

c. Ensure your vehicle is in good shape. 

d. Check all your gears. High speed drive entails high speed fixing any issues as well and that requires all your gears to be in perfect shape. So sharpen up those shovels and wrap up properly those ropes. No radio, hmmmm it’s okay, drive back home from Last Exit can be exciting too 😀

e. Most important every day for rest of the week, before heading back to bed at night and as soon as you wake up, recite this Mantra atleast 3 times. 
“No Countersteering,No fighting gravity”

”No Countersteering, No fighting gravity”

Only those with recording of daily recitals will be allowed for the drive 🤣🤣

See you all on Sunday. Have a nice week ahead. 

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

@Werno @Jona @salah2u @Mahmoud Taha @Jessica Lambert @Joseph Raju @Gerrit Bus @Yusuf Esaf

Thanks for RSVPing for the drive. What an awesome mix of rides and riders we have here - from new to Fb+ to experienced intermediates and that too with all makes of vehicles - actually, don’t think we are missing any options, perhaps a truck, let’s see we have may have new joinees over thr week. This is going to be some nice fun on the sand.

I have been out of country and have missed the feel of sand for last two weekends, so really looking forward for this drive. 

Last time we were on this track, we covered around 75Km in 3.5 hours and that was not with intent for a fast pace drive. So let’s see what we can achieve with this awesome convoy we have here. No pressure, I think that was a NB or a FB drive 🤔🤔

b. Hydrate yourself properly through the week, my ambition with this High speed Drive is not to even allow for time to drink during the drive 😀😀. Dubai 30x30 is starting soon, take this as a preparatory drive. 

d. Check all your gears. High speed drive entails high speed fixing any issues as well and that requires all your gears to be in perfect shape. So sharpen up those shovels and wrap up properly those ropes. No radio, hmmmm it’s okay, drive back home from Last Exit can be exciting too 😀

e. Most important every day for rest of the week, before heading back to bed at night and as soon as you wake up, recite this Mantra atleast 3 times. 

Cheers

And wow we have our Truck in it .. welcome onboard @Beide Worku

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Dear Sand Sailors

Cheers

Since reading this it is going to be impossible to focus at work today! My body will be at my desk but my mind is in the dunes :D

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Since reading this it is going to be impossible to focus at work today! My body will be at my desk but my mind is in the dunes :D

Now you are in ‘The Zone’… half of my work is done 😀😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have had to bow out from this drive as it is my grandson's birthday. And although we don't celebrate it at 6am, I am expected to be lucid and awake during the day 😁. Enjoy the drive. See you all on the next one. 

• Sad (0) 1

8 hours ago, Gerrit Bus said:

I have had to bow out from this drive as it is my grandson's birthday. And although we don't celebrate it at 6am, I am expected to be lucid and awake during the day 😁. Enjoy the drive. See you all on the next one. 

Oh read the message and thought we were going to have some cake 😀wish him very happy birthday and a great healthy, fun filled life… enjoy the day, hope to see you on next drive 👍👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

@Beide Worku @Arda Yagcioglu @Looper @Jessica Lambert @salah2u @Jona @Mario Cornejo @Mahmoud Taha @Yusuf Esaf @Mohamad Anwer@Joseph Raju @Werno

It’s weekend time 🎊🎊🎊🥳 feels like this one came after a month. 

I hope you all are looking forward for the drive. In case of any change of plans, please update your rsvp at the earliest. I will be finalizing the convoy by tomo noon, so would appreciate if you can review your plans and update before the same. 

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use