Advertise here

Any better options for removal flag mount?

Luke K P

Any better options than the AOR suction flag mount for a removable product??

This aor suction cup survived 3.5 newbie drives before the plastic housing snapped in half.... Using the normal (i assume) aorb two piece flag.

Thankyou for your tips.

PXL_20230214_045351316.jpg

Edited by L. Petelczyc
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey Luke,

Have a look in below topics:

If you become a regular offroader it is easier to get an offroad fabrication shop to fabricate a decent metal bracket. @Gaurav got one installed recently and is super sturdy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

You can use the two-cup suction handle from any hardware shop and clamp the flag on the center handle with a metal clamp for pipes. I made this setup for my wife's Trailblazer after breaking the AOR suction flag mount.

image.jpeg image.png

Alternatively, you can get the proper flag mount fabricated from any offroad garage / fabricator that will last forever. I recently got one and mounted it on a spare wheel housing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

32 minutes ago, L. Petelczyc said:

Any better options than the AOR suction flag mount for a removable product??

This aor suction cup survived 3.5 newbie drives before the plastic housing snapped in half.... Using the normal (i assume) aorb two piece flag.

Thankyou for your tips.

PXL_20230214_045351316.jpg

The AOR flag pole is heavy on its own  suction cup . If you are looking for quick put and remove with the same mechanism ( suction / vacuum ) then I didn’t find more easier faster secured than the sticky wipes from Ravon . I have it for two years and no issue at all . Otherwise you can fabricate the Mount for more security as Frederic or Gaurav noted . 
image.jpeg.e538df946e204e16e6a3cd875c8d7cac.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks @Frederic @Gaurav @M.Seidam.

Will go for the steel mount. Seems like it comparable price to the suction caps and won't have to think about it again.

Cheers👃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, L. Petelczyc said:

Thanks @Frederic @Gaurav @M.Seidam.

Will go for the steel mount. Seems like it comparable price to the suction caps and won't have to think about it again.

Cheers👃

Most welcome. Not encouraging or discouraging but all choices has it’s own advantages and disadvantages. One of the disadvantages of metal on metal ( pole and mount ) by time the threads will become loose and you need regular cleaning and lubricating not mentioning the screwing . On the other hand for the simple sticky wips it’s light easy to stick and unstick by pulling the nipple of the rubber cup . However this rubber gets stiff with time and to prevent the rubber from not holding additional spray of water 💦 as I am doing now helps a lot . 

it’s totally a personal preference and taste . 

all the best and see you soon in sand 

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @L. Petelczyc As @M.Seidam mentioned with metal on metal be cautious of thread issue. Have tried multiple options - one that has worked best is metal mount with a quick release flag holder.. aor flag split type or flexi type has regular issues with thread, small thread cap with heavy flag - I went to off road zone and they had really good flags with long thread pins.

Used 2 aor flags in a year (split types) lost threads and have been using off road zone one for more than a year now with quick release has been going good. Again no right answer, soln that worked for me has failed for many. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

23 minutes ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Hi @L. Petelczyc As @M.Seidam mentioned with metal on metal be cautious of thread issue. Have tried multiple options - one that has worked best is metal mount with a quick release flag holder.. aor flag split type or flexi type has regular issues with thread, small thread cap with heavy flag - I went to off road zone and they had really good flags with long thread pins.

Used 2 aor flags in a year (split types) lost threads and have been using off road zone one for more than a year now with quick release has been going good. Again no right answer, soln that worked for me has failed for many. 

ahh maybe the quick release is the way to go! thanks.

• Like (+1) 3