Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Searching for Sand: Out of the Jungle into the Desert - Sweihan - 10 May 2023

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wwXtQPfQGK8hDd776

Action Plan: With great personal surprise, after a couple of weeks of absence, I have found the deserts in and around Dunai and Sharjah incredibly rich with vegetation. Sometimes jungle, sometimes gardens and lawns, most of the sand seems to have recently been covered by greenery. So, it seems appropriate to go searching for some sand, hoping to find it in the Sweihan area, The goal will be to meet along E16, head toward Nagra, drive past it and on to Nahil, to hopefully reach, if all goes well, an exit somewhere either on E95 and E20. Once more, as with most of my drives, the goal will be to cross as much terrain as possible, aiming for famous off-roading landmarks, but mostly searching for clean tracks, less travelled sets of dunes, and cover as much ground as possible.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 8 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

Dear @Jona dear @Krishna R, just a few words, first to confirm that the drive is still on, even with a super short convoy. It should be quite a fast paced one. 

Please note that you may refuel at Sweihan's ADNOC station, opposite the wedding hall. The meeting point is on the other side of the road from Sweihan, so be careful to take the right turn-off.

We'll decide the convoy order on the spot, with plenty of opportunities to switch positions.

See you all tomorrow. Have a great night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Krishna R said:

@Ale VallecchiThank you. I am confirmed to join.

I was a lil worried that you might call off the drive.

I am not familiar with the route to sweihan, so if you don't mind, can you share the location pin of the fuel station as well?

I believe @Ale Vallecchi is referring to this one: https://maps.app.goo.gl/4N23VLAFMPe6LUqX8

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jona said:

I believe @Ale Vallecchi is referring to this one: https://maps.app.goo.gl/4N23VLAFMPe6LUqX8

Yes @Jona, for @Krishna R's benefit, I confirm that one is the gas station where you may refuel. See you later. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use