•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 27 May 2023

JeromeFJ

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  27th May 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:  5:45 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

Action Plan:  From Nahel to Nahel, through dunes, bowls and sabkhas

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Recommended off-road gears: Walkie-talkie radio and off-road flag (MANDATORY), plus tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Stumpy Paj @Deepak Eswar  @FERNANDO SYRIO @Bravoecho @Bjoern @Naveen Raj @Mehmet Volga

Thank you for signing up for the drive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting you again after a few weeks. It is getting hotter now, so be sure to have enough water and some sun protection in case we have to shovel a bit.

Meeting at 5:45 am in Nahel at  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

The convoy order will be

image.png.075268cbfa5a9451a1b30ddbdfaab2f2.png

We will use radio Channel 3.

Enjoy the evening, take as much sleep as you can, and see you tomorrow morning !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear Desert Drivers,

Thank you for joining the drive this morning. This area of Nahel is never disappointing, and again today we could enjoy these beautiful dunes. We had virgin sand most of the time, and could not see any other car during the whole drive. The drive was not easy though, as we went through a few high climbs, deep bowls and impressive descends. All of you managed very well as nobody got stuck despite the soft sand, and we had only a few pop-outs.

The drive was very fluid, surfing from one dune to the other, and we maintained an appreciable pace of 23.2 km/h average moving speed for a total 66 km.

Nathan @Stumpy Paj, thank you for the 2nd lead, you had to stop unexpectedly a few times, and for the support during the pop-out resolution. @Deepak Eswar, nice to see your new ride, you have seen the benefit of having more power in that "Blue Jeep Bowl". A few more drives and you will control it even better. @FERNANDO SYRIO, nice meeting you for the 1st time. Excellent drive for you today, managing to take the Fortuner through the obstacles. Brett @Bravoecho, our most experienced Fewbie today, you are ready for the next level. @Bjoern always a pleasure to have you in a drive. Thank you for doing your 1st drive as IM with us. You totally deserve the new level. @Naveen Raj, with a new car also, take the time to adjust to the capabilities of the Jeep, But you have already seen the potential with a perfect line in one of the high bowls today. @Mehmet Volga thanks for joining and sweeping the convoy, guiding drivers out of the refusals, always nice driving with you.

If you have some photos, please share them here or in the Gallery. Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers,

Thank you for joining the drive this morning. This area of Nahel is never disappointing, and again today we could enjoy these beautiful dunes. We had virgin sand most of the time, and could not see any other car during the whole drive. The drive was not easy though, as we went through a few high climbs, deep bowls and impressive descends. All of you managed very well as nobody got stuck despite the soft sand, and we had only a few pop-outs.

The drive was very fluid, surfing from one dune to the other, and we maintained an appreciable pace of 23.2 km/h average moving speed for a total 66 km.

Nathan @Stumpy Paj, thank you for the 2nd lead, you had to stop unexpectedly a few times, and for the support during the pop-out resolution. @Deepak Eswar, nice to see your new ride, you have seen the benefit of having more power in that "Blue Jeep Bowl". A few more drives and you will control it even better. @FERNANDO SYRIO, nice meeting you for the 1st time. Excellent drive for you today, managing to take the Fortuner through the obstacles. Brett @Bravoecho, our most experienced Fewbie today, you are ready for the next level. @Bjoern always a pleasure to have you in a drive. Thank you for doing your 1st drive as IM with us. You totally deserve the new level. @Naveen Raj, with a new car also, take the time to adjust to the capabilities of the Jeep, But you have already seen the potential with a perfect line in one of the high bowls today. @Mehmet Volga thanks for joining and sweeping the convoy, guiding drivers out of the refusals, always nice driving with you.

If you have some photos, please share them here or in the Gallery. Enjoy the rest of the weekend !

Amazing drive @JeromeFJ a great start with my new ride, really enjoyed till end especially the big bowls. I was very much in sync with LWB pajero but it seems  I will need few more drives to tame the rubi. Everyone drove well with no stucks and only had few refusals. Not to mention the additional break time we got in the scorching heat ( thanks to the pop outs). Some pics posted in gallery.

Have a great weekend everyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers,

Thanks @JeromeFJ for another great drive in beautiful Nahel. 

I do love the dunes there as their formation and structure is quite unique which leads to interesting driving lines which is always great to learn.

I’ve just loaded a couple of photos into the gallery as well as submitted my promotion request.

See you on the next drive 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:12 PM, Naveen Raj said:

Amazing drive @JeromeFJ a great start with my new ride, really enjoyed till end especially the big bowls. I was very much in sync with LWB pajero but it seems  I will need few more drives to tame the rubi. Everyone drove well with no stucks and only had few refusals. Not to mention the additional break time we got in the scorching heat ( thanks to the pop outs). Some pics posted in gallery.

Dear Jerome, Thank you for the message. 

In fact,  grateful to you for giving us an incredible experience of the Nahal drive under your leadership and guidance and also appreciate your unwavering commitment, remarkable teamwork, and dedicated efforts that contributed to creating a truly memorable adventure for all of us.

I would also like to sincerely thank Nathan, Bravoecho, Naveen Raj, Bjoern, Fernando, and Mehmet Volga for their support during the drive. Their assistance during the challenging moments, such as when I faced pop-outs, and the rear bumper became dislodged, was greatly appreciated.

I’m looking forward to meeting you for future drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:12 PM, Naveen Raj said:

Wow congrats with the new ride !!

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use