•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 04 Nov 2023

JeromeFJ

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

If you have never been to Nahel or Sweihan, this drive will be a perfect introduction to bigger dunes. If you have been there already, you know it is a little bit further from Dubai, but worth the trip.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  04 November 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:   06:30 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

Approximate finish time:  10:30

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

@JeromeFJ sure its worth the long  drive from dubai...so good dunes..I went for the newbie drive there on sweihan the week before.. first time in sweihan and for sure love it...I  guess with fewbie level it will be much better and challenging...looking forward for the drive...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desert Drivers

@Emanuel @DanielN @Abhilash Kottakkal @Shahid Mehmood @Fabien Monleau

Thank you for signing up for the drive tomorrow. We will be a small convoy, and it will give us flexibility to adjust the level and the itinerary for maximum enjoyment.

Meeting time is 06:30 am

The meeting point is  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

The convoy order will be

image.png.c75239c1500089577a76f025e45f28a9.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, and the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning!

NB: If you meet some IM drivers ( @Looper's drive) on the road or at the fuel station, don't follow them to the end. They start also from Nahel, but from a different location.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers

@Emanuel @DanielN @Abhilash Kottakkal @Shahid Mehmood @Fabien Monleau

Thank you for signing up for the drive tomorrow. We will be a small convoy, and it will give us flexibility to adjust the level and the itinerary for maximum enjoyment.

Meeting time is 06:30 am

The meeting point is  https://goo.gl/maps/xJ4Nzi7tNNkxNWXE7

The convoy order will be

image.png.c75239c1500089577a76f025e45f28a9.png

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, and the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning!

NB: If you meet some IM drivers ( @Looper's drive) on the road or at the fuel station, don't follow them to the end. They start also from Nahel, but from a different location.

Hi Jerome, unfortunately I have just woke up as O did not set correctly my alarm clock last night. I am very sorry and won’t be able to attend the drive on time today.

Have a nice and safe drive

34 minutes ago, Fabien Monleau said:

Hi Jerome, unfortunately I have just woke up as O did not set correctly my alarm clock last night. I am very sorry and won’t be able to attend the drive on time today.

Have a nice and safe drive

Too bad Fabien...

Dear Desert Drivers

Thank you for joining the drive early today. It was a great morning out in the sand.

20231104_170054.jpg.dab8a6ebee9ff6865b3b0a807fb0600c.jpg

Ok let me skip immediately the last hour where you helped me changing my wheel after a tire burst on the track.  We went through the different ways of lifting a car, and at the end the lesson learned is here. I cannot change a wheel on a flat hard surface (gatch track or road), I need sand to be able to dig below the wheel. Thank you for your support and patience.

For the rest, excellent drive from all of you. As expected the area was empty, and with a small convoy, we where really able to enjoy these fluid roller coaster through the immaculate dunes, and a few of these big climbs that allow to push our cars and raise the adrenaline level.

Managing the soft sand was the second learning of the day, as we had many occasions to see that the difficulties are not always obvious, when cars where stuck in an apparently inoffensive flat surface, or sliding in a nasty pocket or blocked at a weird angle. 

@Emanuel, thank you for the 2nd lead. You have this understanding of the track that allows you to anticipate when I might get suck and hold or adjust the track as needed.

@DanielN, you are taking the best out of the FJ, in the technical areas and the climbs. Be attentive on your control at higher speed, either in descent or on a ridge.

@Abhilash Kottakkal, with more practice, you will continue to discover the capabilities of your car. Try to relax, avoid sharp turns or accelerations, and be attentive to the grip and traction of your car, you will get more fluidity, ... and enjoyment!

@Gautam Banka thank you for sweeping the convoy today. It is a responsibility, and you endorsed it very seriously, thanks again. Similarly, be attentive to the grip and momentum of your car, adjust the tire pressure, and you will raise safely your confidence level.

Personally I enjoyed the drive a lot. this area is never disappointing. Thanks again for joining and see you soon hopefully

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @JeromeFJ for a great morning out in the big dunes of Abu Dhabi and for the feedback. Good to meet you @DanielN and @Gautam Banka and to drive with you again @Abhilash Kottakkal. Have a great rest of the weekend and week ahead.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use