•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 18 Feb 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  18 Feb 2024, Sunday

Meeting time:   07:00 AM- Sharp (Without any exceptions)

MeetingPoint: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qohiNZfBEbD5pdAQ9

Approximate finish time:  11:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. 
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR:

• Like (+1) 1

Important Pre-drive Details below:

• Be ready at the meeting point by7:00am (or before) with tires deflated (Front 14psi Rear 13psi) and flag erected
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • For first timers, pls ensure you complete the readings and video in the main drive post before the morning
  • Briefing will be done on the sand before we start moving. 
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:   https://maps.app.goo.gl/qohiNZfBEbD5pdAQ9
  • Convoy Order: 
  • IMG_2967.jpeg.294a683163eb91020776561677b606a6.jpeg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Srinivask, I see you have recenyly WL ed on this drive and I am happy to add you if you are still interested.. pls confirm the following:

- car make, model, color

- 10 inch front and rear ground clearance 

- All or 4wheel drive 

- available solid front and rear tow hooks

- pls share your  previous offroad experience (if any)

- pls confirm you have completed the reading material and video in the main drive post

- do you have a radio and safety flag?

@Samantha HARWOOD Barron I understand you have commented a master class before so you got the basics of off-roading. Pls confirm you have a safety flag and radio

@Islam Soliman Hey Islam, hope you're alright! I know the max drive size has been reached, but is there a way I could still join? Maybe I can sweep at the rear of the convoy. I haven't been on the sand in a while, so a nice relaxing newbie drive would be amazing!! I hope you squeeze me in :)))

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

@Islam Soliman Hey Islam, hope you're alright! I know the max drive size has been reached, but is there a way I could still join? Maybe I can sweep at the rear of the convoy. I haven't been on the sand in a while, so a nice relaxing newbie drive would be amazing!! I hope you squeeze me in :)))

@Islam Solimangive @Batuhan Kulac my spot, somethings come up and I can't make it now.  Have removed my RSVP 

Edited by Shaun J
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi @Srinivask, welcome and good to see you here.

I strongly advised that you begin by participating in the absolute newbie drive. Then you proceed to make an attempt at the newbie level. It is known that you have recently acquired an Xterra and possess limited experience with desert driving. Experienced carnity members, including @Ale Vallecchi and others, will offer invaluable advice and support as you embark on your journey with absolute newbie level onwards. This will provide you with substantial assistance.

Hi @Islam Soliman Kindly note that @Srinivask and @Srilakshman Karthikeyan are the sons of my family acquaintances. Kindly contemplate Srini starting from the basics from absolute level of driving that can achieve. I have faith in Carnity and seek the advice of my desertian. 
@Srinivask

@Islam Soliman @Srilakshman Karthikeyan

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Sreenath G said:

Hi @Srinivask, welcome and good to see you here.

I strongly advised that you begin by participating in the absolute newbie drive. Then you proceed to make an attempt at the newbie level. It is known that you have recently acquired an Xterra and possess limited experience with desert driving. Experienced carnity members, including @Ale Vallecchi and others, will offer invaluable advice and support as you embark on your journey with absolute newbie level onwards. This will provide you with substantial assistance.

Hi @Islam Soliman Kindly note that @Srinivask and @Srilakshman Karthikeyan are the sons of my family acquaintances. Kindly contemplate Srini starting from the basics from absolute level of driving that can achieve. I have faith in Carnity and seek the advice of my desertian. 
@Srinivask

@Islam Soliman @Srilakshman Karthikeyan

No worries .. this drive is suitable for all levels including absolute newbies.. if you notice we are no longer doing specific AN drives.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Islam Soliman,

Thanks for including me in the drive tomorrow.

below are the requested information:

- car make, model, color

Nissan, Xtera, Dark Gray 

- 10 inch front and rear ground clearance 

Yes, have more than 10 inch front and rear ground clearance 

- All or 4wheel drive 

4x4 ready with differential lock 

- available solid front and rear tow hooks

Available 

- pls share your  previous offroad experience (if any)

I have done few casual desert drives in the past, but never with a convoy 

- pls confirm you have completed the reading material and video in the main drive post

Yes

- do you have a radio and safety flag?

Yes, I have them both 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use