•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - The Wrong Way to Faqa - Dubai - 30 Mar 2024

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/4969kYAFS1jiHVoa6?g_st=ic (24.7924722, 55.3752222)

If you approach the gate it will open automatically.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water & snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

@Islam Soliman can you share the meeting point estimate? I would like to know which way is the wrong way (e.g. I am not sure if I will be able to get up at 3AM if we will approach Faqa from Abu Dhabi side ;-) ).

So just to be clear where is this drive going to start...

• Haha (+1) 1

Dear @Marek @Andrei S and @Ishak hope you are as excited as I am for tomorrow adventure!

Pre-drive details below:

• Be at the meeting point max by 6:30 and ready to move by 6:45
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 5
  • Quick briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/4969kYAFS1jiHVoa6?g_st=ic (24.7924722, 55.3752222
  • Convoy Order will be announced on the sand
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi Islam,

Apologies for dropping out of such a short convoy. 

I had 3 sleepless nights, so I definitely need to recover before driving for 6 hours.

sorry again 

see you later in sands

Andrei

Thank you @Islam Soliman and @Marek to make this drive happen, we had driven 72 km 🫡. I enjoyed the drive with some flat greens, technical areas and lot of gazelles and camels 😁👍🏼

IMG_5788.jpeg.d5485393343836ec1162adc74d14522c.jpegIMG_5792.jpeg.c7b5c7d814a5ccaf7d82090ccdffdb1e.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

image.png.d2372cb63582d53697ed3dd0d26a6c8b.pngthanks gents, 3h 8m driving with speeds often exceeding 70km/h - I didn't know @Islam Soliman from this side! Very aggressive and demanding drive! @Ishak, I hope you will not have any issues finding the right shop to quickly balance your wheel. Have a great weekend gents!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thanks @Ishak and @Marek for a great start for the weekend.. short convoy is always encouraging to go banana 😂 and you both did great.. sorry again for your bumper @Marek and @ishak don’t forget to pass by a tire shop soon.

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3032.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use