Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 14 April 2024

Dear all, pls go through the below in prep for tomorrow’s drive:

• Be ready at the meeting point by7:00am (or before) with tires deflated (Front 14psi Rear 13psi) and flag erected
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • For first timers, pls ensure you complete the readings and video in the main drive post before the morning
  • Briefing will be done on the sand before we start moving. 
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:   Lisaili Fort (24.8911670, 55.4292729)
  • Convoy Order will be shared during briefing
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi @Islam Soliman,

I have tried everywhere but couldn’t find a flag with a Pajero mount in one day. If the flag is a must, then I will pass tomorrow, secure it over the week and sign up for next weekend. 

if I can still join without a flag/borrow one, then I am in. 

Thanks. 

Jan

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @JanS for trying .. don’t worry we will figure out something tomorrow .. looking forward to meet you in the morning 

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Islam Soliman, @M.Seidam & @Mahmoud Taha for the drive this morning.

Challenging, technical terrain with a lot of work for @M.Seidam 😆

We got to experience a good mix of the basics - climbs, descents, some slide sloping and minor crossings. 

Great to meet everyone and hope to see you all again soon  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

A big thanks to all the members of today's drive . It was really a good experience which includes learning the techniques of driving off the tarmac  and getting more knowledge on recovery.

Hope to meet you guys again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It was great to drive with you again @Islam Soliman with you in lead and @Mahmoud Taha in sweep. After much time we finally met @M.Seidam and work together to recover a couple of stucks. 

A big welcome to the new joiners @SShan@JanS, and @nithish468! You all did well on your first drive. Some had more practice than others at finding the sweet spot between just enough power and a wee bit short. 😄 Being one with our cars takes time, patience and practice.

Here is a Relive link to our drive.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvx5RXE79O

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

The finale for today are a couple of my videos - a feature and raw footage. Enjoy and smash the Like button if you enjoyed them.

https://youtu.be/5-O6tp3OzUk

https://youtu.be/E45Gna2aivA

Edited by Emanuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use