•  
Advertise here

Hyundai for quality!

Did you know that Hyundai started out as a manufacturer that sells cheap low quality cars? Pretty much like cheap Chinese products (No insult intended). In 2000 though, Mr. Chung got fed up with the "low-quality" brand and ordered his team to focus on quality.

When Hyundai made a guarantee of 100,000miles or 10years in the US, they created not only a name of affordable cars manufacturer but also that of quality.

In Dubai or rather GCC and Middle east, i guess we are seeing Hyundai since 2000 as well. And i agree Hyundai and Kia they both had very low cost car impression up until 2005 and 2006. Now they are very well positioned to compete with other Japanese brands.

• 10 months later...

pygmalio wrote:

> Did you know that Hyundai started out as a manufacturer that sells cheap

> low quality cars? Pretty much like cheap Chinese products (No insult

> intended). In 2000 though, Mr. Chung got fed up with the

> "low-quality" brand and ordered his team to focus on quality.

>

> When Hyundai made a guarantee of 100,000miles or 10years in the US, they

> created not only a name of affordable cars manufacturer but also that of

> quality.

interesting.

• 3 months later...

Well i too don't agree with this notion that Hyundai made cheap cars, im not sure about their Korean counterpart 'Kia', but for me it looks like they did everything to keep up with their Japanese brothers, look at Accent, you can't take your eyes off this beauty. so if quality was never a parameter Hyundai we would have not been discussing about this brand today.

I actually totally agree with the fact that I would never have guessed that they were placed as cheap cars in the market. Hyundai these days is seen as one of the better mid-sized sedans these days. Do you guys remember the weird sports coupes this brand introduced in the early 1990s. I think the names were scoupe and tiburon. They have changed their quality a lot post 2004 after the Sonata ... I actually just posted a thread for more opinions on it :)

• 2 months later...