•  
Advertise here

fuel consumption issue

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself dinky car for shj traffic.

Have you got full service done after buying and checked up spark plugs, coils, air filter, engine oil and filter.

After doing above, see the difference. If no good, check O2 (oxygen) sensor and change.

I hope you are driving on 2wd on road, as in Auto (4WD) it drinks quiet a lot of fuel.

• 11 months later...

Just reviving the thread,

I have the same issue, infact i had it with my Pathfinder it used to give 300 Kms in 110 Dhs. (Dubai-Sharjah Traffic) where as I have asked many other users and almost every one said that their do 400 kms in same amount of fuel.

So I sold my loved one and then bought a 03 Qx4 in a hope that it might give a better economy (I love pathfinder Platform), but still the economy is same.

Can you guys share your fuel consumption and any ideas you have successfully implemented to better the fuel economy

Hi,friends.

The fuel consumption depend from many reason:

-tire pressure

-a/c using

-fast accelerate from signal,high speed (above 120 km/h),stop-n-go driving(traffic)

-dirty(old) air filter

-old spark plus

-unclear work of air mass sensor

-4WD drive

-auto gear(transmission)

-roof carrier box

-wheel alignment

-oil and fuel filter

-damaged manifold

-unproperly working of sensors,electrronic control units,relay

Just reviving the thread,

I have the same issue, infact i had it with my Pathfinder it used to give 300 Kms in 110 Dhs. (Dubai-Sharjah Traffic) where as I have asked many other users and almost every one said that their do 400 kms in same amount of fuel.

So I sold my loved one and then bought a 03 Qx4 in a hope that it might give a better economy (I love pathfinder Platform), but still the economy is same.

Can you guys share your fuel consumption and any ideas you have successfully implemented to better the fuel economy

Hi,Humsafar.

Check your car by some good electronic checking service (around 200-300 dhs),than you can exacly know technikal condition of your engine,gear.

Anyway change spark plugs,air filter,check tire pressure,don't accelerate from signal, keep speed around 80-100 km/h,use 2WD in normal roads...

My driving st.yle is quite normal. No abrubt acceleration or breaks. However i feel thst on highways infinity is giving better economy than pathfinder. But in daily routine both r same. Plugs are new. Air filter us k&n and clean. Tyres are oem size, properly balanced and recently aligned. In normal conditions i always use 2 wheels drive. Even in desert i mostly used all wheel insteadn of 4 wheel until it is necessary to engage 4hi or 4lo.

My driving st.yle is quite normal. No abrubt acceleration or breaks. However i feel thst on highways infinity is giving better economy than pathfinder. But in daily routine both r same. Plugs are new. Air filter us k&n and clean. Tyres are oem size, properly balanced and recently aligned. In normal conditions i always use 2 wheels drive. Even in desert i mostly used all wheel insteadn of 4 wheel until it is necessary to engage 4hi or 4lo.

Otherwise check MAF sensor (air mass gauge),some time need just accurately clean by petrol and dry it,in other case need to replace-but he is too expensive.

Unproperly working or damaged MAF sensor increases the fuel consumption on 20-40%!!!

You can clean AFM with carb cleaner and let car burp once or twice and switch off, start after 5 mins. Do this two to three times and AFM will be clean. Secondly if you dont mind use higher octane fuel for a while like Super (98), it gives more fuel economy by 5% - 10%. and cost 2% extra.

If mileage decreased suddenly its also worth checking or changing CKPS (crank position sensor). Its a small sensor cost about 150 dhs, but when it fails or failing its very famous for big drop in fuel mileage or occasional difficult starting etc.