•  
Advertise here

Introduce yourself

LandroverDubai

Hi Guys

My name is Wana and I work in Abu Dhabi as Geologist since 5month ago. I drive 1985 Series III Stage-one V8 engine in my country (Indonesia) and I have plan to buy Discovery II or Lr3 for my daily ride in abu dhabi.

any information according Discovery II or LR3 will be appreciate (seller, workshop and maintenance cost)

best regards

Hi wsg3098 and amowat,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it!

Concerning the aquisition of a LR, there are a few for sale on Dubizzle and some seem to be some good deals. Have a look and if you need the opinion of the forum I suggest you create a topic for it.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya guys,

Im Jay from the UK. I have recently joined this site for future reference and today its a god send.

I have currently bought a Freelander 2005 v6 and i'm an absolute virgin to driving or understanding a Land Rover's limitations.

(Even though i have worked in Land Rover Gaydon UK on many occasions, R & D Department)

I have had the vehicle just over a week and found out that the lovely RTA do not consider safety a factor in motoring or they would of noticed the MISSING prop shaft !! ... long story as everything else seems to be here in Dubai.

This site has guided me to Land Rover auto spares shop in Sharjah ( already ) and i have a delivery of : front prop shaft and both centre bearings being delivered to me this evening at a cost of 1500 Dhm (i was quoted 2000 Dhm from a local garage you all know too well)

So big hugs to you guys for saving me from grinding my vehicle into the sand once again (another long story ha ha)

Cheers guys for all your frequent posts and i would love to get to know my freelanders limits so any mail will be welcome... but please let me get my prop shaft on first ha ha

Jay

Welcome Jay

I am glad you saved some money with this site, as thats the prime moto of community to help each other when needed. I too joined back in similar way and always try to pay back to other new member with all the limited knowledge i have:-)

Regards to prop shaft not notice in RTA is no biggy as they dont know by default that which vehicle has it or not. They must have consider ur car as 2wd and thats why didnt bother. Its not a safety specs.

Good luck with ur ride, its good in mountain but in sand its just ok not great being little low on engine size. But slowly you will learn all and get in to the grooves of using this much power in ur favour.

Good luck bro.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jay,

Welcome on board, we had a member who had Freelander LR2 as well and been with some of the club members for couple of Desert Drives and the car done great . Small car with powerfull engine the only drawback is clearence otherwise it was great .

Enjoy it!!!

hi teddy here i have been here in Dubai for the last 15 years when only selected number of people have Rangrover so if someone had some problem they had to go to a mechanic to get the problem resolved but because of forums like this we can get a head sup on simple issues and can think of doing it ourselves.

thanks guys

• 2 months later...