•  
Advertise here

Petrol or Diesel defender?

I found both, my first one and the current one on dubizzle. Thats pretty much the only source. You find others, mostly older ones also in Sharjah, but not in the best condition. Sometimes you can have luck, but you should be quick, most of them are gone within a day. Mine was pretty much stock, 40k km, no off road use. Started to change plenty of things now, thats pretty much the best way, at least then it's exactly how you want to have it and you know that all is done well. I was considering importing one. It's a bit of a pain since you might want to bring it from Europe. You get the taxes back, pay the roro shipping with 10k AED and registration shouldn't be an issue too. But then again you don't safe anything and could also go to Land Rover and buy a new one. They will have new deliveries with the 2.2l engine in January, starting 150k AED. Even if you put 30-40k on top for a couple of changes and modifications, you still end up with the same price of an imported one and having less issues and running after it.

One Life - Live It!

Defender 90 TD5

200 AED is around the same cost of filling a land cruiser by petrol, it depend how many Km you can drive with it maybe around 550 Km?. I think one good thing about Diesel that there is no queque to wait as most of the time the pump is waiting alone. I heard that the new defender is more environmental friendly. I understand why you do not want to sell, as its like a magnit. there are some defenders for sall come from time to time mostly in arabic websites. They do not finish. I am still searching. I like the white color defender. beautiful. There some imported from Japan of 1997, but I do not trust the mechanical problems in them, there is a professional checking opion before buying I think, but I hope to get one from a local owner. A defender with some outdoor equipments will be good.Cheers.

• 1 month later...