•  
Advertise here

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - 27 Jan 2017

Just checked with trip leader and this is where he will be taking us tomorrow: Mahafiz - Fossil rock / Saddle point.

Getting excited guys....? Get your cameras and phone fully charged now. You can even climb up this rock for great photography spots.

Fossil Rock - Top view

fossil rock top.jpg

Fossil Rock - Saddle point

Saddle point.jpg

Fossil Rock

Fossil rock.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

25 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Can I also join this newbie drive. I also want to learn how to drive offroad :D

Sure absolutely, you can teach newbies even more advance level, it'll be fun but only if you can wake up so early..........!

Amazing trip! Iv never been in love with uae like this before..   So beautiful how uae ACTUALLY is.... Thanks to Gaurav and Rahimdad for the trip! 

Special thanks to Rahimdad for taking us in his capable Pathfinder... He is always so resourceful and insightful and always  so calm.  Great man on great wheels! Thanks so much..  Our day was made! 

• Like (+1) 1

Time for a trip report.

Truly each and everyone who came out for the trip made my day absolutely amazing, so thank you each and every one. Mujtaba with his brother Mustafa, Carlos with his better half, Jason with his awesome ride, Srikumar with his smile and brilliant enthusiasm, Joseph and Shills for joining me and giving me excellent company and last but not the least Gaurav bhai to give us the platform in the way of Carnity to have such a wonderful experience and for the amazing breakfast.

We met sharp at 7:30 am and we're soon on our way to the deflation point after a quick introduction. As we deflated and had a short session to discuss the intricacies of driving in the sand, the equipment required and the plan for the day. We started of with some tracks and slowly headed to slightly medium dunes with some sharp drops. Everybody managed well and it was my first newbie trip where everybody followed my advise exactly as briefed. What a lovely bunch.

As planned and on time we approached the Fossil Rocks, we stopped for a briefing, followed by engines roaring and all of us soaring all the way to the top. Everybody made it on first go which kind of pits me in doubt about it being there first time. Now we had a steep fall and thus everybody was briefed again and we all headed down safely. As some people were parachuting one guy invited us to join. As soon as I stopped Shills got out and started running, when Joseph asked her where she was going, she replied he asked us to jump with him. We had to convince her that she could do it next time and we headed for a well deserved break.

We found a little shade and settled down to devour the breakfast. As we all are the question came up, are you done or so you want to continue, not a majority, rather everyone didn't want the trip to end, so we packed up and headed for the second phase of our drive. Some technical dunes and down from the pile on track to Faya. There was 30 minutes of play time. What surprised me for newbies everyone reached the top of Faya which is difficult for a lot of people. My hats off to all for such wonderfully spirited people.

Close to Friday prayers time and we came down and drive to the closest mosque. After which we headed out to the closest pump and filled in air and feasted on some cold drinks. In the beginning of the drive I had promised one deserving driver to a deflator, judge was Gaurav bhai. He picked up 2 people, Carlos and Jason, since Carlos had left the deflator was rightfully handed over to Jason who managed very well throughout and lost only half a front bumper lip.

All in all a wonderful day with a lot of amazing moments and memories to take back. Please share all pics, clicks and videos which would further give everyone the feel of what an excellent day out we had.

It was an amazing day with all you great people, love your spirit and enthusiasm. Thanks to all for great company and hope you have learned enough to continue living with this sand bug. I still can't believe how we have done absolute newbie drive from newbie level to intermediate level in few hours (climibing faya) with zero stuck and without using the tow rope. You all are great learner and excellent off-roaders.

Thanks @Rahimdad for all the lead, support and excellent guidance to let all of them graduate from newbie to fewbie.

Here are the pictures for today, video will follow shortly

DSC_7800.jpg

DSC_7801.jpg

DSC_7808.jpg

DSC_7809.jpg

DSC_7812.jpg

DSC_7813.jpg

DSC_7815.jpg

DSC_7820.jpg

DSC_7824.jpg

DSC_7827.jpg

DSC_7836.jpg

DSC_7837.jpg

DSC_7841.jpg

DSC_7845.jpg

DSC_7847.jpg

DSC_7850.jpg

DSC_7851.jpg

DSC_7857.jpg

DSC_7862.jpg

DSC_7866.jpg

DSC_7869.jpg

DSC_7873.jpg

DSC_7875.jpg

DSC_7880.jpg

• Like (+1) 1