•  
Advertise here

Doing it WRONG!!! Off-road Mistakes and Learning

I was browsing the YouTube for off-road videos and came across the following. It occurred to me that the driver is doing something WRONG.

So why not use the carnity.com experts to comment on what was wrong in the approach, skill or the vehicle that made it " DOING IT WRONG". 

I am hoping this thread to be not just limited to this video but as an opportunity we can share at least a video a week to have feedback and experience learning from Carnity stars. Let's see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Very good thread created @waqaszohair for discussing WRONG moves in off-road.

Brilliant thinking to share the mistakes and wrong doing to have a safer off-road fun.

For above video my 2 cents are below:

• Shouldn't have cause wheel spin to climb up from side and mid way.
  • Shouldn't have reverse sideways downhill. Go straight down.
  • Go very slow in LO first gear and deflate to 25 for better grip.
  • For rocks tipping the balance is unforgiving unlike in sand.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@waqaszohair this is indeed a great thread.

I agree with both @Gaurav Bhai and @shadow79, I would just like to add that he is not a skilled driver let alone driving off-road. He stalled the car several times and had to start it again and again. Secondly, when he turned to the right coming down with people mounting the vehicle to make sure it would not tip was foolish, if anyone fall down would come under the wheel of the car.

Best way would have been to start from a flat surface at a constant speed rather the trying to force the pace once half way up. Plus this driver uses to much brute force which I have seen plenty of times even in the desert drives here. i keep mentioning, all you need is momentum, the right speed at the right time, wheel spin does not get you anywhere, just makes all the sand flying around look good.

As for your suggestion @waqaszohair, you are now in charge of posting a scenario for us every week and we will share our points of view. hope this satisfies your urge to learn from others mistakes.

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

my 2 cents 

you will never learn by seeing others...until you yourself are knee deep going through it....:-D

I disagree. You need to step up and take all opportunities to learn, whether it's your mistake or someone else mistake.

• Like (+1) 3

good one @waqaszohair and rest all with your prompt feedback. This type of thread will definitely make us learn more. 

And reason he did not flip is he turned to his right if i am not wrong....

• Like (+1) 1

The reason he did not flip was because he stopped at one spot when the car was lifting from one end, then the people came up on the side of the car that was lifting to prevent a roll over. If he had continued to push he could have easily flipped. coming down side ways and too much power is always a waste of effort and can result in unwanted circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1