Jump to content
G.huz

New interesting tire tech

Recommended Posts

hehe, i have a google search open with videos, just checking things out :) i even checked how they repair the thing.

it's been there for ages, really strange, only now they're thinking of going to the public with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of things comes from defense and space research mostly because they have huge budgets and dont need to show a profit like other companies.Even something as mundane and everyday thing like velcro was invented by NASA. 

  • Like 3
  • WOW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, desertdude said:

Lot of things comes from defense and space research mostly because they have huge budgets and dont need to show a profit like other companies.Even something as mundane and everyday thing like velcro was invented by NASA. 

...to hold things down in the Space Shuttle, and like everything else developed for the space program, it probably cost millions of dollars to design, develop, and test.  

Edited by treks
  • Like 2
  • WOW 1
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treks said:

...to hold things down in the Space Shuttle, and like everything else developed for the space program, it probably cost millions of dollars to design, develop, and test.  

Yes, defense and space is the only place millions can be spent with no questions asked, sorta anyways. I might be not be right but I think driverless cars and drones all initiated from defense research . Most of the advances in flight we have made started in defense. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • WOW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard there is a drill machine which they developed for 40 million and only to used in outer space...

  • Like 1
  • WOW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

I heard there is a drill machine which they developed for 40 million and only to used in outer space...

You're probably talking about the drill on board the Mars rover which cost 2.5 billion. 

  • Like 1
  • WOW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • This slider has no contents.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use