UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Toyota General Discussion Forum | Toyota 86 Forum | Toyota Aurion Forum | Toyota Avalon Forum | Toyota Avanza Forum | Toyota Camry Forum | Toyota Corolla Forum | Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum | Toyota Fortuner Forum | Toyota Innova Forum | Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Forum | Toyota Land Cruiser Forum | Toyota Previa Forum | Toyota Rav4 Forum | Toyota Sequoia Forum | Toyota Tundra Forum | Toyota Yaris Forum | Toyota Zelas Forum

Sign in to follow this  
Barry

New Toyota Century

Some of you will be aware of the Toyota Century, basically the Japanese Maybach and the only car Japan produce with a V12 engine. 

Now they have released a convertible version. 

3C882844-EF17-4B27-AB51-0F82313F3AFC.jpeg

2DF0317B-9332-453A-98A7-261F55890D59.jpeg

• WOW 3

Had no idea that they had a v12 

Only have a vague knowledge that they have a gt 1 which is a super race car

There would be a body in which this would fit without any issues I am sure they always make a lhd of the almost identical frame and name it something else

36 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Unfortunately they make it only in RHD and don't export it.

A lot of people in my country import them to strip the V12 and stick it into Supras.

Japan is weird. I love some of the cars they make but the market is weird. The JDM Mercedes are left hand drive, I’ve seen some being shipped to here. The consensus there is that if you have a LHD car it means you are rich so Stuttgart send the LHD cars to japan who send them back to UAE when they are finished with them. Same car, same specs, but the radio doesn’t work. Most cars you can reprogram the radio to a new country but in japan it’s locked because they don’t want it being reprogrammed to listen to police frequencies. Yakuza, ya know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

A lot of people in my country import them to strip the V12 and stick it into Supras.

Japan is weird. I love some of the cars they make but the market is weird. The JDM Mercedes are left hand drive, I’ve seen some being shipped to here. The consensus there is that if you have a LHD car it means you are rich so Stuttgart send the LHD cars to japan who send them back to UAE when they are finished with them. Same car, same specs, but the radio doesn’t work. Most cars you can reprogram the radio to a new country but in japan it’s locked because they don’t want it being reprogrammed to listen to police frequencies. Yakuza, ya know?

Not only Mercs but BMWs Caddilacs Jeeps VWs GMC Chevy can all be found LHD. My Dad bought a jap import Caddilac STS with only 30k on the clock. And it was like it just rolled off the factory floor. Had to change the cluster language from jap to English was simple enough. Also came with a Mini Floppy Disc drive in the audio headunit.

Also you will find LHD made in USA accord coupes which were exported to Japan  and now here

• Totally Agree 1

They have both lhd and rhd cars there on roads but rhd is the majority lhds are few in-between and are mostly their import cars...