•  

Mechanical Electrician for my Wrangler

Alexander Alcala

Can someone recommend a good electrician for my wrangler?  I have an estrange issue.  When coming back from high beams to low beams the front lights go off for a few seconds and then come back on, the right one turns on first and few seconds later the left one.

• Like (+1) 1

That is indeed a strange issue. 

1) Are these the original headlights ?

2) Are they LED headlights ? If so the anti flicker harness might be having an issue.

This might be related:

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Frederic

Thanks for your reply

It's a set of LEDs headlights that I have had for several years now.  

It is not flickering, and the high beams work fine.  

The problem presents when changing from high to low beam.  Then the whole set (both headlights) go off and only the ring remains on.  But if I go immediately back to high beams they will work again in high.  If I stay in lows, then it will take around 30 seconds for one of them too turn back on (in low) and some 10 seconds later the other will go on.

Is a very strange failure.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:

Hi @Frederic

Thanks for your reply

It's a set of LEDs headlights that I have had for several years now.  

It is not flickering, and the high beams work fine.  

The problem presents when changing from high to low beam.  Then the whole set (both headlights) go off and only the ring remains on.  But if I go immediately back to high beams they will work again in high.  If I stay in lows, then it will take around 30 seconds for one of them too turn back on (in low) and some 10 seconds later the other will go on.

Is a very strange failure.

The first thing to check is proper grounding, as this is usually the first thing that starts to fail. Have a look at the connection points to see if there is no rust or if the wires are slightly loose.

Maybe one of the LEDs is on its way out and causing a higher current than the other which upsets your monitoring system. I am just thinking out loud here. Maybe @Barry can pitch in with an idea.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use