•  
Advertise here

How to get comprehensive insurance for young driver?

Rahimdad

Today my wife was trying to renew her car insurance for her vehicle registration. RSA has a clause that says if someone below the age of 25 years is driving a car it's like 3rd party only. Which means only damages caused by someone else fault will be covered by insurance, any damages for which you are at fault the insurance will not cover.

I double checked on RSA direct with my daughter who is 20 years old credentials and they offer only third party insurance. This sounds a bit crazy as if someone below 25 years wants to buy a car on bank loan, with 3rd party insurance bank will not approve the loan.

Anyone else faced this dilemma and is there any work around or any insurance company offering full insurance to a 20 year old?

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Today my wife was trying to renew her car insurance for her vehicle registration. RSA has a clause that says if someone below the age of 25 years is driving a car it's like 3rd party only. Which means only damages caused by someone else fault will be covered by insurance, any damages for which you are at fault the insurance will not cover.

I double checked on RSA direct with my daughter who is 20 years old credentials and they offer only third party insurance. This sounds a bit crazy as if someone below 25 years wants to buy a car on bank loan, with 3rd party insurance bank will not approve the loan.

Anyone else faced this dilemma and is there any work around or any insurance company offering full insurance to a 20 year old?

According to my broker:

"there is a specific clause from the Insurance Authority for Young and Novice drivers below 25 years of age. Various companies have different rules when it comes to issuing a policy or if you want to add an additional driver to your policy who is below 25 years of age as the risk of an at fault accident is more when the driver is young.

RSA specifically has denied me previously a full cover for one of my clients who wanted to add his daughter as an additional driver who was 20 YO".

So it looks like maybe you should check once with a few other insurance suppliers. AXA might be better for this.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well thats something new to know. You can contact Different Insurance agencies like Yalla compare. they will definitely be having any solution. Let me share a number of an agent from Yalla Insurance 0555718798 his name is Muhammad. i got my pajero's insurance from him.

Best Regards,

• Like (+1) 1

I finally got a quote from Qatari Insurance which is 5% higher than RSA. RSA has denied and will issue 4rd party only for drivers below 25 years. The insurance and car will be in my wife's name, but daughter can drive. Access for my wife or myself in an accident which is our fault will be AED 350/-. However if fault is for my daughter if she is driving will be AED 350/- plus 10% of the repair cost of our car. Seems like I will have to move away from RSA.

• Confused (0) 1