To beadlock or not to beadlock

Alex Raptor

Hi, I have my Raptor now, and have a great deal on getting the ford performance beadlock rings which will bolt on, albeit 24 times with 3 sets of torque wrench settings, I'm running stock forged wheels and KO2 tires. Watching the US YouTube videos, it seems that running in the desert deadlocks are preferred, will it make any difference to my on road driving experience, which unfortunately will still be the majority of the time, is there a big difference for a truck running at 17-20 on the sand and the bare minimums that deadlocks should provide? Thanks in advance, also if anyone knows of any good tire garages that will fit them properly with the correct torque wrench settings as well, that would be appreciated.

m1021ra1_1.5012.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

BF Goodrich KO2 are 10 ply sidewall that will barely pop-out ever. You can deflate them at 12 PSI and drive for few drives to test.

If you have continuous pop-out on every drive based on your drive style, then get these bead lock or else I am 90% certain you won't pop-out BFG at 12 PSI - EVER. Unless you make a planned jump (as advertised) or unfortunate accident.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use