Advertise here

Pajero Gen4 offroad tire size

2 minutes ago, Baskaran P.R said:

I have Rubbing issue on my left wheel, I was thinking of trimming the bumper.  Is that will help?

Which size tires you have? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:17 AM, Frederic said:

Check during installation if there is any running while steering completely left or right. On Vanessa her Pajero we have put a 2inch spacer to have slightly wider center of gravity.

@FredericIncreasing overall tyre diameter by more than 2% of the stock ones need speedometer and odometer calibration to be done? What else to be considered?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@FredericIncreasing overall tyre diameter by more than 2% of the stock ones need speedometer and odometer calibration to be done? What else to be considered?

You can use the following website to determine if you are changing more than 2%:

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

As you can see in below example, the overall diameter in this case remains the same:

image.png.8a6fe9535d71ebb819df4031a0136ea2.png

So you can input the data of the tyres you have now, and see how much difference you'd get by changing rim and/or tyre type.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

You can use the following website to determine if you are changing more than 2%:

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

As you can see in below example, the overall diameter in this case remains the same:

image.png.8a6fe9535d71ebb819df4031a0136ea2.png

So you can input the data of the tyres you have now, and see how much difference you'd get by changing rim and/or tyre type.

As in the attached file it goes beyond 2%. As you suggested already will fix wheel spacers. Some sites says already there might be 2-5% variation on speedometer and odometer from OEM. So if we add more to it, calibration of these are absolutely necessary or can manage with out that?181C638B-1341-473B-8C22-9C2F304C6C07.png.7bef25b26073b4e20f7b5ca2270c9fe5.png

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t think a 265/65/18 will fit without wheel spacers and might rub against the inner fenders. You’ll need to test it. @Vanessa8580 has Yokohama 265/60/18 and these fit fine.

Recalibration of odometer and speedometer: I don’t really see the benefit or need of doing that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Lakshmi Narasimhan if you are looking to install bigger profile tyres, I would suggest to change the rims to 17 inch and go for 265/65/R17. This will not cause rubbing issues and give a better footprint on the sand.

Else you can go the spacer route as Fred suggested, but before doing check if it affects the warranty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, Srikumar said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan if you are looking to install bigger profile tyres, I would suggest to change the rims to 17 inch and go for 265/65/R17. This will not cause rubbing issues and give a better footprint on the sand.

Else you can go the spacer route as Fred suggested, but before doing check if it affects the warranty.

I have got 2” lift and upgraded to 265/65R17 by changing RIMs, even though its not touching theres barely 1-2 mm gap. While driving also no problem so far, need to check while on off-road if its ok or need to trim the bumper.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I have got 2” lift and upgraded to 265/65R17 by changing RIMs

I guess it should work perfectly, as I got a 2 inch lift as well with 265/70/R17 ATS tire and it's working fine so far... before the lift I had issue with the increased tire size as it used to hit the fender body during off-road but after the lift it has worked well in the last 3 drives for me.

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Thank you all for your suggestions. Attached pics l!!!

EE18095A-8E87-498B-933A-3D213FC3C0AB.jpeg

55ABE4C5-EF24-47ED-B756-652D3920A2C4.jpeg

Looks really good!

Are those Geolandar A/T G015's? If so, what pressure can you safely run them down to? 12?

• Like (+1) 1