•  

Wheel rim size Mitsubishi Pajero

Wrangeld

2 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

265 vs 275 is wider so i guess the inner bead width of the tyre also wider hence dont you think it will have more outward pressure to the rims when deflated. so less chance of popout. 

Even if it pop out for some reason, it will be much easier to fix as tyre itself will fix to the rim without much effort.  

I have seen and experienced difficult pop out fixing due to smaller tire size or bigger rim size. 

But rubbing issue due to bigger tire needs to be verified. 

BTW when i charged my xterra tyres i went from 265 (stock size) to 275 no problem what so ever. zero pop out till date for almost 1 year.  

Good point @Rizwanm2 but this also depends on the rim width a little bit. If i remember correctly, the 16inch Pajero rims are 7.5 Inch width, so according to below table they are suitable for 265 and 275 tires. 

image.png.18ab5d4d8a27c56969fe27cb67e5a834.png

So yes in theory the 275 would work as well, and on an Xterra the power loss from a slightly heavier tire will be minimal, but on a Pajero we need to try to preserve every horse :) 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I increased the width of my XJ's  tyre from stock 235 mm to 268 mm (31 inch x 10.5 x 15) on the same rim width of 7.5 inch. That has also ensured that I have not had a single popout in 3 years, even when driving on very low pressures as well as hitting some nasty bumps. 

But unlike in the Xterra where you have not had inner fender rubbing issues by increasing the tyre width, in the Pajero you will most definitely have rubbing issues with stock rims unless you upgrade to deep dish rims or put in spacers. 

And I concur with Fred, that the benefit of upsizing from 265 to 275 is negligible compared to the headaches involved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

G012 is the previous model of Geolandar's AT. I think the production has stopped.

G015 is the current model. 

In terms of difference between the two, I feel the side walls of the G012 was stronger than those of G015

I used both G012 (6 years) and G015 (9 months) and didn't felt any difference tbh.

For the record I think (not 100% sure) G012 was made in japan and G015 is made in thailand.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I really like the Kevlar tyre stock in Jeep Sahara. With 18 inch it's 255/70 i had two pop-out but both were crazy mistakes from my end - once jumped into a bad pocket and other was horribly crazy counter steering. Other than that been really good.... Nice walls and very smooth on road... Issue i understand is that 18 inch are tough to find in market and also kevlar not available in Dubai....perhaps once I change will move to 265s 

Important Information

Terms of use