Night Newbie Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 03 Sep 2021

Gaurav

With two drives in one day - both with @Gaurav - on two ends of town, this trip report needed some sleep before it could be hashed out.

@Gaurav - from riding the Iftar Bowl in the AM to sidesloping long dunes in Qudra, thank you for a fun weekend. The pace in last night's drive was excellent. With a total drive time of 3.5 hours with just 50minutes of stoppages dealing with minor stucks, we had lovely pace and rhythm which travelled through the length of the convoy.

@Ahmed Wagdy - being SL requires so much attention. And at night that becomes even more challenging. From all the radio comms of acknowledgements, you played this role with perfection.

@Yousef Alimadadi - this was my first convoy with you and I think I heard you said that you're back after two months. No rust there at all :) Thank you for always being there at the sight of the refusals & stucks with your input and guidance. Also, I caught all the lights bouncing off your Pajero - that two-tone paint scheme is stunning!

@Santoso Marjuki - for your first night drive, this was a great drive. On my first night newbie drive, I was constantly afraid and worried about what was on the other side. You have a beautiful Rubi in what my passenger and I talked about - a shimmering blue. Refusals and stucks are part of the offroading experience. You'll get more comfortable with night driving the more you come out. And we'll see your Rubi make magic on the dunes :)

To the second half of the convoy, thank you for the pace! I had an amazing time following you gents. @Daniel Yang - always a pleasure to see you on a night drive with your Y62. Can't wait to meet the Y61 though!! From how you've described it, It's going to be epic. Great drive@Arshad Roojee! Following you, I had to adjust my line a few times because your "topless" :D SWB just rides slopes with such ease.

Lastly, a great pleasure to finally meet you @Islam Soliman. Having you in sweep giving me all that additional light was a godsend. I hope to be in a drive you lead soon. I didn't catch much of that Denali action in the night ;) 

Thank you all for a beautiful night drive. And see you all out on the sands - and maybe that "yoga center" soon 😛 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks a lot @Gaurav, @Islam Soliman@Yousef Alimadadi for making my first night ride a very enjoyable and pleasant one, i thought i would be stressing out given the new experience, yet i enjoyed every minute of it, looking for more night drives now. For everyone in the convoy, it has been great riding with you, guess we were just blessed to have the right collection of drivers constructing the convoy, in alignment to the sighting of the shooting star by @Gaurav and @Islam Soliman at the beginning made this a very smooth ride 😀

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use