•  
Advertise here

Transmission glitch

Hey All, 

I set off on general 'black top' trips with the car on the green 2 rear wheel mode (model 2008) I drive about 30 km and the green rear wheel indicator switches to the orange central diff lock. The drive doesn't seem to be altered, therefore, just guessing a glitch. Is this a common fix, like a reset or something, or is it more serious (hoping not), sure some of you have encountered similar... 

Thanking in advance, 

Andy

2 minutes ago, andy_macdxb said:

Hey All, 

I set off on general 'black top' trips with the car on the green 2 rear wheel mode (model 2008) I drive about 30 km and the green rear wheel indicator switches to the orange central diff lock. The drive doesn't seem to be altered, therefore, just guessing a glitch. Is this a common fix, like a reset or something, or is it more serious (hoping not), sure some of you have encountered similar... 

Thanking in advance, 

Andy

Hi Andy, 

It's relatively common and means that the solenoid is potentially on the way out. It will often reset if you stop and start the car again. Estimates I saw on the Pajero forums show a price of around 3 - 400AED to get a new one installed. 

5 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

solenoid is potentially

I had this in my last drive. I actually was in a soft spot and I saw 2 of the wheel go form green to no light and I clearly felt the same 2 wheel loosing traction. I engaged 4HLC and got out very easily. 

After I got unstuck the Center Diff light went Amber. I stopped. Re start the engine et voila’ 

Should I change the solenoid as a preventive measure?

By the way what is a solenoid? 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, andy_macdxb said:

Ha! Exactly! I feel now, I need to know, what is a solanoid... 

a solenoid is a small unit  thats powered by the engine vacuum and opens or closes the piston that engages the 4WD system. 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."