•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 10 Sep 2021

Wrangeld

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

Drive Concept

Murquab is achingly close to Dubai and yet sits in an area with some of the most accessible dunes. Add to that, that there is a route that takes us all the way from Murquab to Last Exit (if the convoy can make it) through a range of different styles of dunes and a Baja run, this is a favorite route for many; myself included. 

There really is an embarrassment of options in this area, multiple opportunities to get yourself stuck and self recover and to challenge your driving skills and this is the ideal 'growth & development' drive for Fewbies looking to stretch their horizons. 

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Above (All Levels)

When:  10 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Muquab Mosque https://goo.gl/maps/wxdo6znSkmJEdFfq7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Pylon Track, Al Qudra Road

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2

@Wrangeld I have missed the last newbie drove with you, and ashamed because I did not wake up on time! Joined the night drive with @Gaurav, and this was my 4rth Newbie drive. Can I get to register now with the Fewbie level? (Got more than 30 drives now, and I was promoted with Jeepers Club to 2 stars level)

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bernard Kalaani said:

@Wrangeld I have missed the last newbie drove with you, and ashamed because I did not wake up on time! Joined the night drive with @Gaurav, and this was my 4rth Newbie drive. Can I get to register now with the Fewbie level? (Got more than 30 drives now, and I was promoted with Jeepers Club to 2 stars level)

You can transfer your previous experience by doing self declaration on promotion request.

Based on trip lead feedback with who you have driven, we can proceed accordingly.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 10 Sep 2021

You're in. Confirned. Brilliant. That's Brilliant. Just great that you all signed up. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Rjducos said:

Hi @Wrangeld, please add me to the WL, it will be my first drive

59 minutes ago, andy_macdxb said:

Ditto pls, if there's a chance to WL for 1st drive, always appreciated 👍 

38 minutes ago, Adam James said:

I would also like to be added to the WL as my first drive please!

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Murquab Masters, 

I know I bang on about this from time to time and it might seem a bit over the top this early in the week, but if any of you think that there is the slightest chance you cannot make the drive, there are already three people waiting in the wings to take your space. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Gaurav said:

You can transfer your previous experience by doing self declaration on promotion request.

Based on trip lead feedback with who you have driven, we can proceed accordingly.

Thanks @Wrangeld and @Gaurav I have submitted the promotion request

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use