UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Easter Bunny Run - Dubai - 17 Apr 2022

Ale Vallecchi

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/GYpT7yP9bwgaZVaN6

Action Plan: What better way to spend the Easter morning than hopping around Qudra's most pristine area, jumping from low, open and wavy dunes, to sets of taller long range cordons, through a couple of technical areas, and finally, perhaps. into the southern most reaches of this great Natural Conservation Area, along Solar Parks border. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

in preparation for tomorrow's drive, there is a change in store for you. As I have just returned from travelling abroad with a bit of sore throat and a few lines of fever, I have agreed with @Frederic, who was listed to support the drive, that it will be him leading tomorrow, while I complete my recovery. It would have been an honor for me to have the Legend Fred as support, and it will surely be an honor for you to have  him in the lead. You are in the hands of one of the most expert off-roaders in the UAE.

The drive will still start from what we call Bab al Shams area (that is where our Absolute Newbie drives start), just off the tarmac road going and coming from the Bab al Shams Resort. Please, park just beyond the bike track, to the right of the exit, being careful of any oncoming bikers while turning off.

The drive, as planned, will explore the western and southern area of the Qudra basin, part of the Al Marmoon Reserve (look out for gazelles and oryxes). 

Frederic will post the convoy order with the next message. 

@Paolo Pellegrini, @Andrei S, @Anoop Nair, @Ben Lee, @Ron.P, @Ashutosh Garg, @Ignacio Quindos, @Thian, @george charbel, @Yaseen87, @James Lovell and @DP1011, I will be looking forward to driving with you at the next available opportunity. Enjoy the drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

in preparation for tomorrow's drive, there is a change in store for you. As I have just returned from travelling abroad with a bit of sore throat and a few lines of fever, I have agreed with @Frederic, who was listed to support the drive, that it will be him leading tomorrow, while I complete my recovery. It would have been an honor for me to have the Legend Fred as support, and it will surely be an honor for you to have  him in the lead. You are in the hands of one of the most expert off-roaders in the UAE.

The drive will still start from what we call Bab al Shams area (that is where our Absolute Newbie drives start), just off the tarmac road going and coming from the Bab al Shams Resort. Please, park just beyond the bike track, to the right of the exit, being careful of any oncoming bikers while turning off.

The drive, as planned, will explore the western and southern area of the Qudra basin, part of the Al Marmoon Reserve (look out for gazelles and oryxes). 

Frederic will post the convoy order with the next message. 

@Paolo Pellegrini, @Andrei S, @Anoop Nair, @Ben Lee, @Ron.P, @Ashutosh Garg, @Ignacio Quindos, @Thian, @george charbel, @Yaseen87, @James Lovell and @DP1011, I will be looking forward to driving with you at the next available opportunity. Enjoy the drive.

Get well soon @Ale Vallecchi Will follow you one the next one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

sorry to hear @Ale Vallecchi, wish you a speedy recovery!

My apologies @Frederic, am dropping off for tomorrow, as last minute bfast commitment...
wishing you a fantastiv drive tomorrow🤟🏽

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Get better soon @Ale VallecchiLooking forward to the drive with @Frederic!

will it be possible to share the exact pinpoint for the meeting?

Thanks @Andrei S. The meeting point is in the post page, and here below

Dropped pin

25 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

sorry to hear @Ale Vallecchi, wish you a speedy recovery!

My apologies @Frederic, am dropping off for tomorrow, as last minute bfast commitment...
wishing you a fantastiv drive tomorrow🤟🏽

Thanks @DP1011.

@Amr Aydin you are automatically in the drive. Please acknowledge. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks @Andrei S. The meeting point is in the post page, and here below

Dropped pin

Thanks @DP1011.

@Amr Aydin you are automatically in the drive. Please acknowledge. Thanks

Hello @Ale Vallecchi and @Frederic

apologies, I will have to drop tomorrow.

After 2 drives with back and forth between Abu Dhabi and Dubai/Sharjah I feel exhausted and won’t be able to do the early morning one.

See you all soon on the sand 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use