•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Ridge Riders Republic (RRR) - Part 1 - Dubai - 21 May 2022

GauravSoni

4 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

Drive Report:

The week leading up to this drive was a hectic one for me and i was very much looking forward to have a nice time and the drive turned up Action packed!

Having dealt with a Flat tire  i reached the meting point at 5.50 and found the convoy deflated and ready! Thankyou all for waiting:)

We had a quick briefing and then headed out towards the dunes just behind the " Three Trees" near the solar park dirt track. Attacking every possible ridge , from hard side, slip side we made our way towards Lisaili fort. The dunes were occasionally very soft on the top and with a long convoy meant soup sand for the second half of the convoy. 

Brilliantly driven by the whole convoy. You did quite well @Joseph Raju for your first Second lead. well done!. The only feedback i have is to practice maintaining a distance from the lead where you have visibility of the track taken but safe enough to stop when you see the lead struggling on a patch or asking to reroute to avoid any nasty dune. 

While going over a ridge , expecting the unexpected, i came across a cutaway on the dune topography which quickly became unavoidable. having stopped on the slope and asking Joseph to reroute the whole convoy, i tried my best to navigate the pocket and ended up tilting my car with passenger side front wheel high up in the air. The only thing holding me from having a Sideways flip was the sand sidewall on my driver front wheel. 

Quick thinking and support from @Mario Cornejo, we added some" weight" to the passenger side and reversed the car out to bring all wheels to ground. However, while getting out of the pocket, i ended up having a pop out which required a multiple dual rope tugs from Mario which was coordinated by @Gok Krish and @Charbel. Team effort and persistence finally paid off when we got the car out on the flat and fixed the popout. 

image.jpeg.abcac1a3519a387fd3955e5f6c8fed9c.jpegHaving lost quite a bit of time, we continued our journey finding ridges to practice our skills. We had a some refusals and stucks ( same place twice by same car!!) requiring shoveling and tugs. This was a good learning opportunity and i believe we all learned something new about ourselves and our cars!

we made our way to the exit at 9 am ad the sun really started to take its toll and were out on the dirt track at 9.16 AM. 

Well done to everyone!  @Joseph Raju  @Imteeaz @Prakash Anoop @salah2u @ASAD.@Senthil Kumar . 

special thanks @Mario Cornejo anchoring the convoy at the back with brilliant support from @Charbel and @Gok Krish for managing the Center flawlessly. 

This drive was just a sneak preview of the many skill themed drives that are in planning. 

Hope to see you soon on the next chapter!!

@Gaurav Soni Amazing first FB+ drive for me mate.

You really tested my car and my ability to keep up with the convoy.

Looking forward to our next drive - hopefully next week.

@Joseph Raju @Prakash Anoop  @salah2u  @ASAD.  @Senthil Kumar  @Mario Cornejo  @Charbel  @Gok Krish

It was a pleasure to catch up with you again.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use