•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Dubai - 29 May 2022

M.Seidam

Information

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie level and above

When:  29 May 2022 morning , Sunday

Meeting time: 05:00  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/R1d7HHzgKzm3gDe76

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbie  and above drivers. RSVP will close on Saturday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

• Like (+1) 1

• M.Seidam changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Dubai - 29 May 2022

Dear Friends

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed @Sam K @Indra Ozola @RiaanJH @Ignacio Quindos @Mahmoud Taha @Tareq Al Turq and @topgear

Thank you all for RSVPing this drive and welcome to your favorite offroad club 

This grid block from mahafez to fossil rock and from khatam to Faya is one of the most famous areas that is frequently visited by off-roaders , tourists as well as small group campers for its unique charm and the breathtaking paint like background image wherever  you move .

I hope the weather will be on our side tomorrow , nevertheless please make sure to arrive on time at 05:00 ,or bit earlier the better, so we can move not later than 5:30 

once you arrive to the meeting point ( https://goo.gl/maps/R1d7HHzgKzm3gDe76 )please immediately switch on your radio on channel 3 ( 446056 ) and start deflating to 12 PSI regardless of your tire type .please disable all your controls ( traction , airbags .. etc either by pulling off the appropriate fuse or via a kill switch if you have within your cockpit ) Put on your flags and make sure that your items are secured and ain’t loose  in your truck . 

I recommend every one especially if it’s your first Fewbie to go though the following link about the ways how to cross dunes written by Frederic, for a refreshment 

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/14600-dune-crossing-tutorial-and-techniques

in case of any emergency please don’t hesitate to reach me on my cell 0554045278 

last but not least it’s with immense pleasure to inform you that our friend from Carnity team and a new leader @Rizwanm2 will be on board supporting us as well as taking partially the lead in our adventure trip 

P.S : all recoveries will be strictly done by myself or @Rizwanm2

More about safety and dune crossing will be during the brief on site 

please find below the convoy order 

image.jpeg.ab3cdc045d92b420f9682585e2bb8c20.jpeg

Good luck and can’t wait to share all the fun with all of you tomorrow 

cheers 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

44 minutes ago, Tareq Al Turq said:

I am really sorry @M.Seidam, i appologise for the drive tomorrow as i am not feeling well. All the best in your drive 🙏

No worries dear Tareq @Tareq Al Turq take care 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi All!
Thank you for today's drive- it's a really nice location and it was great to visit it again with all of you ! 😊

Thank you @M.Seidam for the great lead and @Rizwanm2 for the second lead! 

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed I hope the boy in your car in not discouraged by the desert experience and will recover soon! 🤞🤗
See you all next time on the sand! 😊

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks again @M.Seidamand @Rizwanm2, and @topgearfor managing a wondeful first Fewbie drive! Even though I had to cut it short it was still amazing! 

Also thanks @Indra Ozolafor the concern! He is doing well! 

Hope to meet you guys again soon! And apologies to all for the inconvenience! 

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Friends 

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed @Indra Ozola @RiaanJH @Ignacio Quindos @Mahmoud Taha @topgear and @Rizwanm2 

Thank you all for joining this lovely early morning on time . With two withdrawals from the RSVP we were finally 8 wanderers including myself. It was really a pleasure meeting new faces as well as the older ones too. After getting ready and the briefing I took the wheels initially slowly heading toward the direction to fossil rock till we reached our first play area where every one took the chance at least once if not twice making sure their engines are warmed up for the next move.

at this point I handed the lead to my friend @Rizwanm2 and we followed nicely his track  in confidence reaching the next two play areas practicing more side sloping and now longer in distance and higher in altitude. And I have to say that every one was more than great doing it nicely and safely. 🙏 

Along the pylon track heading south  I looked at the amazing  fossil rock 🪨 to my left side now which sparked the beautiful memories of old days when we were climbing it and taking few pictures with family and friends 😇 

Progressing more and more toward faya I took the wheels again thanking my dear friend for the lovely ride . the sand seemed to become more softer in consistency  and reddish In color and the dunes growing bigger as we were ascending just before the top of faya .I expected now to taste the spice of any drive from refusals and stucks but to my surprise non of this has happened ( recalling maybe twice of reattempts from the back one succeeded as self and the other with small reroute ) and the only event we had by the time we reached the last huge bowl before faya was when @Dr Tanveer Ahmed announced that his passenger was not feeling good. After taking a small rest the next nearby exit luckily was not far. Thank you @Indra Ozola for the exit little trip as a sweep 🙏

returning back quickly to our friends taking few loops till we were at top of the mighty faya descending via the ‘ cheet route ‘ to line up again at faya proper base and that was the last action at climax of the day. It was not busy at all around so we took our time climbing the slip face of faya in safely manner. Every one made it to the top I believe twice at least. 
Telling the truth it was one of the smoothest Fewbie drives I had since I started to lead . So fluid and enjoyable and I hope you all did enjoy as I did . 

Thank you @Rizwanm2 for the wonderful support and partial lead today your local navigation to any area was fantastic 👍can’t wait to support your full lead soon . Well done 

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed second time we meet and considering it’s your first Fb you did more than great . I hope your boy is good now. 
@Indra Ozola nice to meet you for the first time . Precise controlling of a super heavy and powerful vehicle like a TRX made all the raptors we sow today run away 🤣 . You did really very good keep it up 👍 

The only two wrangler boys today were @RiaanJH and @Ignacio Quindos pleasure meeting you guys for the first time too . Guys you rocked today. 

@Mahmoud Taha I remember your first Fb when we met last time and today huge difference in control and progress . What a pleasure my friend . 👍

@topgear thanks my friend for watching us all from the sweep position . It’s always a pleasure having you in any drive 👍

The very few pictures I took kept in Gallery 

below a relive for track memory 

till we meet again take care and drive safe 

see you in the sand soon 

Seidam 

1 hour ago, Dr Tanveer Ahmed said:

He is doing well! 

Glad to hear that dear 🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

It has been a while since I did a 5am drive. This drive led by @M.Seidam and @Rizwanm2 was great.  We also get to pay homage to the legendary Fossil Rock from afar that we used to go often previously. The Faya dune at the end was a great bonus as it was relatively peaceful for us to play. 

I enjoyed playing sweep to a very capable and efficient convoy. It was a great morning for us. My guest enjoyed it a lot. 
hope to see you all soon! I have shared some photos in the gallery. 

09056B11-68CD-47B4-B0ED-26B222DD45D9.jpeg

Edited by topgear
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use