•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to solar park " Start new start technical " - Dubai - 1st Jan 2023

M.Seidam

Dear Friends 

First of all i wish every one of you a happy prosperous new year coming full of success and joy. 

off roading is an art which demands practicing and refining the skills and this in my opnion comes with regular trips , patience, observation, paying attention to the fine contours and details and its never enough and there will be always more to add , correct and learn as the final picture is aint defintive and keeps on changing like the dunes itself!. one of the peculiar and top of this art is driving in technical terrain where speed is not at all the feeder to our hunger but the appropriate momentum and super senstive senses between you and your vehicle in one hand and the local environment on the other hand.

In a very less frequently driven area by the offroaders generally is the southern part along the solar power tower area probably due to its relative remotness and supersoft sand as well as the true technicality of this particular spot. So prepare your gear and check it ahead. also check your vehicle readiness please . the last thing we want is to leave a broken car in the middle of no where in the first day of 2023.

stay tuned for more. meanwhile wish you good week ahead. 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  1st jan 2023, Sunday 

Meeting time:  13:30 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/vE91coEPSFBGAi4u8

Approximate finish time: 17:30

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher and rated elastic recovery rope and 2 soft shackles

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 8 pm
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

@M.Seidam  hi Doc - not sure where i got this wrong.

It is showing that I am on the WL for this drive; however this will be my first drive of the week (except that i have also signed-up for the New Years Eve Celebration Night with Fred and Gaurav).

Could you please check from your side?

Thanks

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

except that i have also signed-up for the New Years Eve Celebration Night with Fred and Gaurav).

This is the reason system wise I guess 

• Like (+1) 3

@Imteeaz pull from the festive drive with Fred then the system will add you automatically to my drive . Then pull in again to the festive drive as it’s not limited to number I believe . It might work . But wait till I check with the crew

• Like (+1) 3

Dear @Mahmoud Taha I am afraid its an Intermediate drive and as per your profile you are still Fb+ .hence i removed you from the wait list. 

• Sad (0) 2

Dear Friends 

@Beide Worku @Gertjan @MMansoor @Tareq Al Turq @Imteeaz

@Vaibhav @Fabien Monleau @Simon D @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler and @Davie Chase

Couple of hours to the final countdown of 2022 hoping for 2023 to be the best for all of us. 

for the drive tomorrow basicly it has three parts :

part one is TECHNICAL where every one including my self will be tested to the cor . so be prepared for heavy excercise as i am not intending to get the ropes out till i see that we grew muscles 🤣

part two is REWARDING at little sweihan and all depends on how good we were in part one . 

part three is MIXED on our way to exit 

I hope we accomplish the TRM before sunset

Please be on time or bit earlier 13:30 . we will communicate on radio channel 1

convoy order as below

1108964903_IMStartnewStartTechorder.jpg.b4de480a538308adb5d89750517dae7a.jpg

Best wishes and happy new year

Seidam

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@M.Seidam Thank you for a fantastic start to 2023. It does not get much better than a technical IM drive with a bunch of like minded off readers whom are more than capable for the challenges encounter. 
A big thank you to @Vaibhav for a superb second lead and keeping us all out of trouble 👍

@Gertjan  @Tareq Al Turq for your first IM drive you guys were amazing  and drove exceptionally well, the rest of the IM and support guys were equally amazing so thanks to you all @Imteeaz @Fabien Monleau @Simon D @DP1011 , Deepak wrangler and @MMansoor below are the drive stats that I downloaded from Gaia GPS

Was great to spend time with such great people, once again I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy, prosperous and safe 2023

90B09983-1CC2-4A2B-8DBE-4E0F2FBA2412.jpeg

815F9F32-E3AC-4005-81FF-89AFBCA49DC5.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use