Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Some Like It Hot: Al Hayer to Faqa - Dubai - 3 Jun 2023

36 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Rajesh NG, I just realized that your rank is Newbie. Unfortunately, this will be a Fewbie drive, hence I will not be able to accept you on Saturday morning. Sorry for this. Hope to see you soon in another drive. Thanks for understanding.

Hello Ale, 

I just got promoted to Fewbie mate, so i am eligible for this drive. But nevertheless, i was anyways going to withdraw my rsvp as i have some work commitments Saturday morning. 

Drive safe and i will join you in another drive soon.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rajesh NG said:

Hello Ale, 

I just got promoted to Fewbie mate, so i am eligible for this drive. But nevertheless, i was anyways going to withdraw my rsvp as i have some work commitments Saturday morning. 

Drive safe and i will join you in another drive soon.

Hello @Rajesh NG. Ooops, sorry for my mistake, but your profile does not yet reflect the promotion. See you next time then. 

14 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Dorian ZissiI have also just realized that your rank is Newbie. Unfortunately, this will be a Fewbie drive, hence I will not be able to accept you on Saturday morning. Sorry for this. Hope to see you soon in another drive. Thanks for understanding.

Dear Ale,

I really would like to join this ride. Can we make an exception?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dorian Zissi said:

Hi buddy @Dorian Zissi You remind me of my excitement when I joined the club back in 2022 :) - and only later I understood the reason for having Grading and the drives tuned to the ranks , what you get learn and get trained in NB is different in FB and only with couple of drives in NB you will be able to keep up with the confidence and pace which is different in one level up drive vs your current rank in @Carnity.  I can assure you why perhaps there are no exception to this, as Safety first is the prime principle . 

However if you have prior extensive off-roading experience, with couple of more NB drives you can certainly apply for promotion and based on feedbacks from leads/supports - You might be able to move up ladder (from NB to FB),

looking forward to catch up with your excitement in one of drives to come soon ! 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Dorian Zissi said:

Hi @Dorian Zissi. I understand your desire, but this is not possible. Besides, the drive is in a complex and challenging area, and requires that all drivers have gained and practiced all the necessary skills. Sorry to disapoint. 

• Like (+1) 1

Better late than never..... here's a short briefing for tomorrow's drive.

I will wait for the drivers just past the automatic gate, off the right turn-off on E20, coming from Faqa. 

The drive will be among a nice set of long-range dunes, quite large and with some small trees dotting the "valleys" between each cordon. After zigzagging along this area, we'll head north, toward E14, and possibly Faqa, crossing a mix of more technical dunes, sabkhas, and a few tall red dunes. The short convoy should be able to move at a brisk pace.

The convoy order will be the following:

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke in Second Lead

@James Lovell at #3

@Michael Chattle at #4

@Gautam Banka at #5

@FERNANDO SYRIO at #6, and 

@Rk ram in Sweep.

The Carnity radio channel of choice will be #2 (466.031).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. And even though we like it hot, make sure to bring plenty of fluids, both for yourselves and your car! Have a great night.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Ale @Ale Vallecchi my flight from riyadh got delayed and i have just landed now. I have to withdraw from tomorrow morning drive as i would be very tired without any rest. Apologies for last moment cancellation. I look forward to ride soon. I will try to join the afternoon ride if there is any space there tomorrow.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use