Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Searching for Sand: Out of the Jungle into the Desert: Part 3- Lisaili - 1 Jul 2023

Ale Vallecchi

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oVa8uPKa2h8jaaXHA

Action Plan: For months now, I have found the deserts in and around Dubai and Sharjah incredibly rich with vegetation. Sometimes jungle, sometimes gardens, lawns or prairies, most of the sand seems to have recently been covered by greenery. So, it seems appropriate to go searching for some sand. The goal will be to navigate from Lisaili westward toward Solar Park, then loop back toward Lisaili. Once more, as with most of my drives, the goal will be to cross as much terrain as possible, aiming for famous off-roading landmarks, but mostly searching for clean tracks, less travelled sets of dunes, and cover as much ground as possible.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

Hi @Ale Vallecchi,

I added myself to the drive this morning (thurs) as it was not full.

Just noticed it had a Wednesday cut-off in the description above.

Is it still ok to come along?

• Limited to 8 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Yes @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke Very much, as long as you see a spot, and convoy order is not closed, U can join the drive! The RSVP mechanism is smart to restrict you, by adding you to WL if u r on your second drive for the week, however, if the drive is not getting full, then WL members gets automatically confirmed depending on their WL number, givimg priority to those who have lesser drives compared to those WL with higher drives for thT week:) ( So you can always add yourself before cutoff time and keep yourself under WL)

In short you are IN for this drive ;) as the RSVP dint put you on WL😁😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DP1011 said:

Yes @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke Very much, as long as you see a spot, and convoy order is not closed, U can join the drive! The RSVP mechanism is smart to restrict you, by adding you to WL if u r on your second drive for the week, however, if the drive is not getting full, then WL members gets automatically confirmed depending on their WL number, givimg priority to those who have lesser drives compared to those WL with higher drives for thT week:) ( So you can always add yourself before cutoff time and keep yourself under WL)

In short you are IN for this drive ;) as the RSVP dint put you on WL😁😎

thx @DP1011..
gonna use it as 'training' drive for my youngest again.. zofia gotta get her rank up as a passanger 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

thx @DP1011..
gonna use it as 'training' drive for my youngest again.. zofia gotta get her rank up as a passanger 😁

Yes ! For a 3 yr old, you need to do 5 NB drives before taking her on FB😄, and then Mia can have company !!  ( However am sure to promote them to FB+ you will have to wait "Few YEARS" 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

Yes ! For a 3 yr old, you need to do 5 NB drives before taking her on FB😄, and then Mia can have company !!  ( However am sure to promote them to FB+ you will have to wait "Few YEARS" 😅

Everyone who tried my tea, coffee and cookies, automatically being promoted to next passenger lvl, without waiting for few years. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Pavel Pashkovskiy said:

Everyone who tried my tea, coffee and cookies, automatically being promoted to next passenger lvl, without waiting for few years. 

I think Mia ate enough of your cookies to be intermeadiate then!😜
thank-you for the refreshments yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Faraz94 , @DTG @Yahir Marban - Welcome to Carnity ! I see that this will be your first time with @Carnity drives and hence can you please confirm on below : 

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek 

Looking forward to seeing you on Satday ! 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi..... This is my 2nd drive with Carnity....... Had my first drive 2 weeks back.... But I'll still drop the details below. 

Make - Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 GLS LWB

Colour - White 

Have two front and rear hooks and the essential gear as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use