•  
Advertise here

Pajero Subframe drop.

14 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Nice job, looks like all settled down after the 1K test.

How about the front diff, have u found a way to lower it too?

As in my Gen 2.5, if I lift more than 2 inches, my CV starts giving up.

Hi mate, yes the front diff was lowered as well, now have 2” suspension and 1”subframe drop on the front.

front uses spacers on the subframe and strut spacers on the struts to give the extra 1”.

I Would have to have a look at the gen2 to work out what’s needed with the torsion bars

• 7 months later...
On 8/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, Stumpy said:

Hi mate, yes the front diff was lowered as well, now have 2” suspension and 1”subframe drop on the front.

front uses spacers on the subframe and strut spacers on the struts to give the extra 1”.

I Would have to have a look at the gen2 to work out what’s needed with the torsion bars

Any luck on this @Stumpy?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Any luck on this @Stumpy?

For the Gen 2 it’s a body lift or suspension lift, body lift is relatively easy and kits pretty cheap. Suspension I think you have already done so a body lift would give you a little more space under the car but I don’t think it would change your clearance angles much at all. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Stumpy, mine is Gen 2.5 (even weird to get such parts), recently added King springs at the back, and now afraid to twist the front torsion bar to increase stress on the CV axle and make them go crazy.

Body lift means engine spacer like...?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:17 PM, Gaurav said:

Thanks @Stumpy, mine is Gen 2.5 (even weird to get such parts), recently added King springs at the back, and now afraid to twist the front torsion bar to increase stress on the CV axle and make them go crazy.

Body lift means engine spacer like...?

Body lift spacers as you have a ladder frame chassis, 

• Thanks (+1) 1

yeah, I read it. They got me with the "formalities". If that's not RTA approved, I don't have time to play cat and mice with them and re-do it every time I need to do inspection... not worth the effort. I'll just get a car with more suspension travel in stock setup...

• Like (+1) 2